BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
this episode repeats (all times EST):
Fri., 8/20 at 8:30pm
Sat., 8/21 at 3pm
Wed., 9/22 at 10:30pm
Sat., 9/25 at 3pm
And in a nutshell, it was an at-least 5 minute segment at the beginning of the show. They talked to a couple of Jim's childhood friends, interviewed at the creek where they used to play. The exhibit, located near the creek, has many of pictures of Jim with his family and his Muppets. There are also a couple of displays with Kermit, one of which has the modern Kermit seated next to the original Kermit. All in all, a good thing.

Sounds like a cool place to visit, and next time I watch I'll record the segment.

And as a sidenote, that was the first time I really watched anything on Turner South. Even if it was just for 5 minutes.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Now are all of these photographs placed on plaques around Deer Creek or is there a little museum in that area?

radionate

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
There are also a couple of displays with Kermit, one of which has the modern Kermit seated next to the original Kermit. All in all, a good thing.
Was this a photograph display or a physical display with the felt Kermits?

I was just there in late August of last year, and the only physical Muppet there was a Kermit who was sitting on a log playing his banjo. It was a beautiful exhibit to say the least!!

If they have added more actual Muppets there, I just might have to take a quick trip back there.

The exhibit is very small, but fun none the less.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Do they allow you to take photos inside? BoyRaisin-where are you from (besides USA USA USA!!) heh heh? I'm in Memphis, Nate's in Oxford (my birthplace). If you're close enough, we need to work out a meeting someday.

radionate

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Do they allow you to take photos inside?
They do Kevin. I thought you had been there. It's nothing amazing, but it's small and quant and cute. And you can take pictures inside. I took boatloads, but few turned out clearly. ;(

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Radionate: Was this a photograph display or a physical display with the felt Kermits?

There were a bunch of photographs of Jim AND physical displays with the felt Kermits. And I saw these on the TV show, I've never actually been there.

Fozzie Bear: BoyRaisin-where are you from (besides USA USA USA!!) heh heh?

Heh. :big_grin: I live in Alabama, moving on to Georgia for college later this year/early next. As for a meeting, we'll see what happens.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Nate--I haven't been there yet. I'm waiting to do THE trip of my life time: Through the Mississippi Delta Blues, up the Blues Highway, ending in Chicago on what USED to be Maxwell Street, Buddy Guy and Koko Taylor's clubs, and House of Blues.