Latest Newswire Update on Henson Co.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Oringal idea

Disney has an oringal film coming out called "Lilo and Stitch".

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Lukie,

Didn't think about that; besides, when I met Rivkin out at MFest, he DID say that whoever ends up with the JHC would be a company that allowed them the most freedom to do what they wanted to do (paraphrased, of course).

Bean,

Lilo and Stitch...are you SURE it isn't a story taken from somewhere else and it's a pure ORIGINAL film? That's what I'm yakking 'bout, something that THEY create themselves and not take from a legend or story from somewhere else. Kind of the same complaints we have heard with the Muppets doing MTI or MCC. At any rate, at least their songs are original and not 70's funk, huh? :smile:

FOZ

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Yeah, I was wondering if Rivkin would be fired or not if Disney (or whoever) bought Henson.

Concerning Disney animated films, I (meaning me) feel if Disney does a good job on the film, and adapt the story to film better than anyone else can, it could still be an enjoyable film, whether it's original or NOT. But that's just me. :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
<<he DID say that whoever ends up with the JHC would be a company that allowed them the most freedom to do what they wanted to do>>

I think he was meaning (in a jokey way) that HE would be the person who ended up with JHC. Looks like there's very little chance of that now though - and he'll soon need to go to the 'Hiring' desk at the rubber chicken factory no doubt.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
So our beloved Charles Rivkin IS going to lose his job? Or is that just a strong possibility?

Luke

Reaction score
Very strong possibilty - jeez what is it with you ? Are you with the press ? ;-)

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
I WISH. I REALLY REALLY wish. :smile: I want to know what Eisner, Klatten, and Rivkin are doing!

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Foz

Foz,

"Lilo & Stitch" was created, produced, directed and writing by two Disney animators. One of the creator ever does Stitch's voice. Sure the whole alien-kid things had been done before but this story is very different in a good way, trust me.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
About original ideas:

It is a well-known fact that nothing is created in a vacuum and this holds true for art and entertainment as well. Although some projects are clearly remakes, most others are influenced by the work of others. This is a great thing. When an artist or company ignores the history of their concept or has not done adequate research their work usually falls flat. I am certainly not implying that originality is not an asset - it certainly is. It is just that true creativity comes from knowledge and exploration that involves external sources.

Just a little side note. I know it's not completely on topic.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya Froggy,

It was on topic and makes sense. By original, I mean like I was just told about Lilo and Stitch...THAT'S original to me. The company got two guys to create and develop a new story with new characters.

By this time in life, you can't really do anything without basing it at least a smidgeon on another item, which is what I think you were saying. You're right. Some of the comic strips I've done are extensions of Peanuts strips, really. I read a strip and I think, 'Schulz could have done this, too!' And I do it. It's all been done before, good vs. evil--no matter what the good or evil is.

Luke-
I don't think the rubber chicken factory is hiring. He may have to tend to the penguins at his local zoo if he's kicked out. Geez. That'll be a fishy job, feedin them penguins and stuff.