Last movie you watched

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Okay! I guess it's not your cup of tea and I respect that. I guess not everyone likes this movie. :sigh:
No worries. I know I have several movies that are guilty pleasures of mine including, "The Wiz" and "Muppets From Space". And I remember feeling so nostalgic about "Space Jam" that I refused to see Nostalgia Critic's review of it for years.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I got to watching Unico in the Island of Magic this time, and I have to say, it's a bit better overall than the previous movie, even though the title character doesn't really have much to do until the second half. The main villain is a lot more psychotic and three-dimensional this time around, being a witch-like figure enslaving all living things on Earth into living puppets to form an island with which he can delight in his own evil-doings forever, and having a young man do his bidding with the promise of teaching him better magic skills so he can help out his family, whose little sister helped nurse Unico back to life. He's much more sympathetic, too, as
he was once a puppet himself thrown away by wasteful humans and swept away in the ocean to the Ends of the Earth in a pretty heavy environmental message, and thus gets revenge on all living beings by making them his puppets. Unico spared his life this time, as he sympathized with his loneliness and offered to help him.

I really feel sorry for Unico. Every time he succeeds in making friends which he can't help but do, he has to get taken away from them and have their memories wiped from his brain every time for his own safety. Makes me wonder if those cruel gods ever have any jurisdiction outside of Earth? If not, then maybe he can live on another planet instead. :sigh:

Last edited:

Schfifty

Reaction score
I've gotten into a Harry Potter mood lately, so yesterday I spent the day watching the first two movies. Between them, I think I like the first one better; while I have been more familiar with the second story, I just find a bit more entertainment value in the first movie. Plus, you can't go wrong with Madam Hooch.

I still have yet to watch the ones post-Azkaban however, including Deathly Hallows. I'm behind everyone.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Last two three films I saw in theaters were...

The Lego Batman Movie-I absolutely loved it. Already going to call it one of my favorite movies of 2017.

John Wick 2- I just saw this cause a friend wanted to, I thought it was pretty good. Probably would have liked it more if I saw the first one.

Get Out-Thought this was really good. I recommend it

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I just watched All Dogs Go to Heaven, which i'm ashamed to admit, was my first time seeing it :embarrassed:
The Lego Batman Movie-I absolutely loved it. Already going to call it one of my favorite movies of 2017
Argh, i've been wanting to see that one so bad! We have to wait until March 30 when it's my little brother's birthday. I have to say, I think i'm actually more excited about it than he is!

Cookie Chris

Reaction score
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

It took me almost a year to get around to seeing it because of the strong negative reviews. As it turns out, I liked it more than I thought I would. However, the narrative was all over the place with too many subplots going on. The color grading of the film made the film look so dark and dulled out. This is almost the same problem I have the Marvel Cinematic Universe films when they degrade the colors to look less vibrant than as they would in a comic book. The infamous "Save Martha" banter was beyond laughable.

Wonder Woman was one of the film's highlights, and Gal Gadot did a good job with her character given her limited screentime. However, she lacked character development which we will probably see in her solo film. Ben Affleck was awesome as Batman as well as Jeremy Irons with Alfred. Henry Cavill and Amy Adams were adequate enough. Jesse Eisenberg captured the intelligence and manipulative nature of Lex Luthor, although he lacks the physicality of the comics incarnation. The ending of the film dragged on about ten minutes.

Last edited:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Just finished watching the 2013 Academy Award nominee Ernest & Celestine. It was a beautiful and adorable movie about a bear and mouse who become unlikely friends through being unwitting criminals. The animation is especially gorgeous and Ghibli-esque, but what really floored me was that it was almost entirely animated with Flash, and didn't use any of the corner-cutting cheats too many TV shows use. Every frame is lovingly hand-crafted, with real water-colored backgrounds and maybe some CGI as a guide to trace over. :smile: