Kukla Fran & Ollie fans?

coco1

Reaction score
Cousin Burr

Burr Tilstrom was my cousin. I saw Burr in Chicago when my brother, sister and mother went to visit him on the Kukla Fran and Ollie television set.
My grandmother loved Burr very much for he was her nephew.
His mother, Alice was alway kind to children so Burr had this same gentleness towards us. He came to visit us when we lived on Pearl Street in St Joseph, Michigan and also in Mesa, Arizona.
At Burr's death, a friend of his wrote my grandmother a letter telling her of Burr's death. That was hard on grandmother, for if one got to know Burr that is a special memory of his character. He was fun and the puppets came to life to the three of us. Grandmother watched Burr's show when it was on which always tooks her back to Michigan.
Burr's parents were good to us, Uncle Bert and Aunt Alice .
coco1

marknyc

Reaction score
KFO on DVD!

Happy to say that I've finally been able to release the early episodes of "Kukla, Fran and Ollie" on DVD. Twenty episodes are available for only $14.95 at Amazon and at the Chicago History Museum. There's more info here, and clips at youtube:

http://kukla.tv/dvd.html

Enjoy!

Mark

doctort13

Reaction score
This DVD is worth EVERY PENNY! I love it and hope that there will be a second edition.