Kimmel Editorial: A Note from Steve Whitmire

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
jediX said:
My best guess about sweeps starting on Thursdays is because that was the timeslot for Seinfeld and now Friends (I think...I havn't seen Friends in years).
Well, many other classic shows had Thursday time slots before Seinfeld and Friends. Cheers and The Cosby Show are two that come to mind.

I think Frank Oz speaks on The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson. He introduces one of the segments and talks about his friendship with Jim.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
jediX said:
This is strange. I've been listening to this commentary for a bit now and I SWEAR I've heard Frank somewhere else before. Don't you hate it when you can't pinpoint a voice? Gaaah...
I think he played a bunch of those Muffin characters, or something...

:stick_out_tongue:

jediX

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I think he played a bunch of those Muffin characters, or something...

:stick_out_tongue:
I know THAT, but I swear I've heard him commentating something else too.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
jediX said:
I know THAT, but I swear I've heard him commentating something else too.
I were only foolin' :wink: I couldn't tell if you were joking in your post...

Seriously, though, maybe you've listened to commentary on another of his movies? Or maybe you've seen him in interviews without realizing it? I remember how surprised I was when his voice popped out at me in the middle of seeing Monsters Inc. for the first time. Perhaps Mr. Oz is just everywhere!!

jediX

Reaction score
Neat, I had no idea he was in Monsters...I'll check that out when I find time.

Hearing his commentary to Bowfinger was sort of like listening to a voice I'd known all my life although I'd never really heard him talk normally until then.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
spies like us? I know we have that, but I've never looked into it....*must hunt down DVD*

thank you guys for answering my question.....*goes on sarah's list of bad names*

jediX

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
spies like us? I know we have that, but I've never looked into it....*must hunt down DVD*

thank you guys for answering my question.....*goes on sarah's list of bad names*
I got that years ago at Wal Mart for like 6 bucks, but I've yet to actually watch it.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yeah dad's friend got him that DVD a couple years ago, and we watched it once...and now, it's starting a dust collection any person could be proud of

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
it's interesting....I didn't care for it, much, but it had a few good lines in it