Kermit's "World" tour ends.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Memphis just got my vote and warranted a post on their forum! Great work Kev!

Bear Man

Reaction score
Call me crazy but I really liked the Vegas pictures - he seemed to be really interacting with his environment.

On a separate note, I think it's laughable taht this was billed as a "world" tour - there could have been so many awesome photo opportunities - Kermit on the Great Wall of China, eating sushi in Japan, in front of Big Ben or Buckingham Palace in London, in my home town of Sydney with it's awesome harbour (Bridge and Opera House included)...the possibilities are almost endless.

If there was some sort of licensing or copyright restriction we're not aware of that prevented him from leaving North America, then fine. If Master Replicas were too cheap to FedEx him outside of continent then that sucks, but again, it's their perogative. But call it what it is - a North American tour.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... Either that, or have my assistant get that junker of a car outta here. Jack!

rtgentry

Reaction score
I actually drove 7 hours to get to the Kermit Texas appearence. It was great. But Disney did a very poor job of promoting the schedule. They went to houston two days later and I did not even know. I could have been there too had I known.

As far as the kermit texas visit. I think me and my family were the only out of towners there.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
:embarrassed: By the way - Go Memphis! :smile:
If there was anything awesomer than "awesome," you'd be even better than that! I failed to see this support earlier and wanted to thank you really quick.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah too bad Cleveland so obviously fixed that poll Kev - their silence was very noticeable.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Memphis Rocks!

Thought it was only appropriate to swipe that slogan for Memphis due to my thoughts on the contest. That Kermit seemed pretty mangled toward the end. I hope the Cleveland people know how to fix Muppets. :wink: Maybe they'll just keep serving him and themselves "grasshoppers" until they don't know the difference. :sympathy:

We are the real winners in the contest - being able to see some really good photos of the replica Kermit (especially in Memphis). There were also some really crummy photos...but Kev's pictures make it easy to forget about them. :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks for the steady support, fellows. Lin, Antone, Janet, Lisa, and I all worked hard to make sure we did the very best we could to make the fans proud of the pictures. Having photographed Muley so much, Lin is just a natural now about photographing eye focus and such. Janet also takes great portrait photos.

One of my friends actually thinks he has figured out how there were so many votes suddenly hitting the polls, but all that computer jargon is so over my head it made my brain ache trying to understand.

Anyway, I hope they enjoy the Kermit and have fun with him and do something positive and inspirational with him as I had hoped to do at the Ronald McDonald House and that the Kermit doesn't end up in the mouths of some children or shoved away in a closet.