Kermit and Miss Piggy on The Last Leg

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Yeah, I quite like this. I thought we got some good Kermit/Piggy banter, and finally this Muppet appearance actually made me laugh (more than once!!).

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Fun appearance! One little note, that was Matt's best "Yaaaaay!" to date. Other times, he usually just does it in a soft falsetto, but I guess the secret is really just screaming it out. I think he is really starting to settle into the role.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Fun appearance! One little note, that was Matt's best "Yaaaaay!" to date. Other times, he usually just does it in a soft falsetto, but I guess the secret is really just screaming it out. I think he is really starting to settle into the role.
Yeah, I thought other than the Hollywood Bowl this was definitely his best appearance. For whatever reason, he always seems to do a better Kermit in live appearances/venues. Don't know what that's about.

Timhodge

Reaction score
There’s some fun stuff in the episode, but I was quite shocked at Matt’s performance. I haven’t heard him since right around his debut, and I thought he had some potential at first. But I didn’t think his Last Leg appearance was convincing as Kermit at all.

Still early days, I’m not writing him off and best of luck to him, but I thought this was disappointing. And that just really surprised me.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
There’s some fun stuff in the episode, but I was quite shocked at Matt’s performance. I haven’t heard him since right around his debut, and I thought he had some potential at first. But I didn’t think his Last Leg appearance was convincing as Kermit at all.

Still early days, I’m not writing him off and best of luck to him, but I thought this was disappointing. And that just really surprised me.
That's fair. I mean personally, I like Kermit in this and in almost everything he's been in so far, but I can see where people are coming from; Matt's Kermit has a very distinct "Matt" tone to it, and most people aren't used to that in Kermit. So I thought this was good, but not Matt's best. I still think Matt did the best at the Hollywood Bowl show.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score

Fair enough mate. But I'll agree matt Vogel taking over characters is never something I've got used to. I never got used to his Robin and started to adapt to his Floyd after the Muppets 2011 and also Steves Kermit always felt warm and kind. Matt has not really shown that yet but I will always have faith in Matt Vogel