Kermit and Miss Piggy Officially Split!

Iscah

Reaction score
It's certainly a publicity stunt, but I also think it's probably-necessary setup for the new show. Partly, as someone above suggested, to keep with the "reality show" illusion, but also because some (many?) people would be confused if they don't actually see the breakup, but the show begins after it... So by establishing the fact beforehand via social media, they can skip it and launch straight into the post-breakup plot from the start of the series.

Beth C

Reaction score
It's certainly a publicity stunt, but I also think it's probably-necessary setup for the new show. Partly, as someone above suggested, to keep with the "reality show" illusion, but also because some (many?) people would be confused if they don't actually see the breakup, but the show begins after it... So by establishing the fact beforehand via social media, they can skip it and launch straight into the post-breakup plot from the start of the series.
"reality-show illusion" Gotta love those 3 words. Reality shows are anything BUT reality.

Keeping up with the Crapdashians is one example of "reality illusion". I really hope they do better with this than that lousy show. I just wish it wasn't the format they are going to use.

Show, then break away to comments then show, then break away.. Not crazy about that.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah. I know there are some stuck on the headcanon that the priest in MTM was real because of an offhand comment
And because the photo book version of MTM includes the cut scene of Gonzo telling Kermit the marriage was real. Because even without that scene, it's clear what the movie is implying by Piggy's giggle to Kermit. She didn't replace Gonzo with some random actor. That wouldn't make much sense as a plot point or a joke. She replaced him with a real minister. And because Piggy calls Kermit "hubby" in the 30th anniversary special. Our "headcanon" has more than enough precedent. :wink:

Wake me up when there's any Bunsen/Beaker news. :sleep:
Now that's publicity worth checking out! :confused::eek:

Last edited:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
The response here is silly. Why are people taking this to heart?

The Muppets have merely promoted the premise of their new show at the TV upfronts.

Kermit and Miss Piggy always had a strained relationship on the Muppet Show. Why should this one be any different? This keeps things fresh and interesting instead of what's happened for the last several years with this stale relationship stuff. This is the best thing that's happened to the Muppets in years.

#TeamKermit! Hehe. :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Uh oh! These fictional characters are doing something! How dare they!
Most all Muppet fans that post on here know that they are fictional characters, and that they are puppets. However they still believe in the relationships because they are so believable. I for one have loved the Kermit and Piggy dynamic in every show and movie they have done together, and if this breakup leads to more depth in there relationship then I'm all for it.

I also have changed my signature in support for the couple.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
As Kermit once said on the Jim Henson hour, He and Piggy never had that kind of relationship!