Kermit Alive and Well on the Space Station

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Eh, typical. He got him a lady a while back. I suppose he dumped the monkey toons. Too bad, they was FUNN-EE!!

anathema

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Eh, typical. He got him a lady a while back. I suppose he dumped the monkey toons. Too bad, they was FUNN-EE!!
I hope he managed to get the dead, wet monkey out of his toilet then!

Gobo_Tron2

Reaction score
movielad said:
Heh - I knew somebody here would pick up on it. I remember Kermit fairly well. Just goes to show how old I'm getting, I guess.

Regards,

martyn
Heh, I remember Kermit too. And it was definately the most stable data transfer protocol I could find - very good. Back in the late-90's when the modern internet was just getting going, I didn't have FTP access yet so I went through Telnet and used Kermit to upload my Fraggle Rock website files to my friend's web server. He always made fun of me for using it because there were over 7 other transfer protocols I could choose from, X, Y, and Zmodem, ASSCI, etc which were much faster... and he said I only used Kermit because of its name. But on my lousy dialup connection, all the other protocols often generated errors, so I used Kermit because though it wasn't very fast, it ALWAYS completed the transfers. Kinda cool that now I find out it really WAS named after our Kermit. I'll have to tell my friend about this.