Katie's Engaged!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations Katie and Dan! We're so excited to hear that you both are getting married and commiting your lives to each other. You will have to keep us informed on all the details as things progress. Any plans for Muppety touches throughout the ceremony or reception?

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
oh yes, I already have a kermit and miss piggy wedding cake topper that im making (I took a regular miss piggy, painted her white, and I just got my Kermit Tux off line :smile: ) Ill have to take a picture of it and post it. and its not muppet, but I SOOOO want to where my ruby slippers (I want REAL ones, the ones out of sequins, I may make them myslef) but other than that, I dont know, I have 3 years to think (June 07, gotta wait till hes out of Air Force Academy) but thank you all! :excited: :excited:

jediX

Reaction score
Come on Katie, you know you want the *new* Lizard Alert to play the reception. We work dirt cheap! Really! lol

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
lol, I told you Matt, Dans in charge of the music. And I thought that the band was broken up, but I could be wrong. Sorry, but thats just not mu choice, lol I gave it up for Kermit and Piggy on my cake lol. I showed him that and he was all "I dont know if I want kermit and Miss Piggy on my wedding cake" I told him that its ok, cuz its my wedding cake lol. so yeah, and I dont think he really wants me to wear my ruby slippers, something about being all in white, lol :wink:

jediX

Reaction score
Krazedmuppet said:
And I thought that the band was broken up, but I could be wrong.
Well, it is, but I'm sure I can find a drummer[:halo:] and bassist[:sing:] and maybe someone to play a keyboard or something[:big_grin:]....

Ah, forget it. lol

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Krazedmuppet said:
oh yes, I already have a kermit and miss piggy wedding cake topper that im making (I took a regular miss piggy, painted her white, and I just got my Kermit Tux off line :smile: ) Ill have to take a picture of it and post it. and its not muppet, but I SOOOO want to where my ruby slippers (I want REAL ones, the ones out of sequins, I may make them myslef) but other than that, I dont know, I have 3 years to think (June 07, gotta wait till hes out of Air Force Academy) but thank you all! :excited: :excited:
I don't know you.... and I haven't read all of this thread yet, but I thought I might share this idea with you for your shoes. I wanted cinderella shoes for my wedding and I made them myself using rhinestones and they were georgous if I do say so myself.... WAY better than sequins in my oppinion. You can purchase the bulk quantity of red rhinestones at Joanns fabric or Michaels (get medium sized... not the tiny tiny ones). Purchase a white pair of dyeables from payless, you know, the kind that have cloth on them?

Apply the rhinestones using small beads of hot glue on the rhinestones and then press to the shoe. I started at the heal and worked my way around. This is very time consuming so you don't want to leave this to the last minute, but it is SOOO worth it!

After you've finished applying all of the stones, use exterior/interior varnish sold in little 2 oz bottles by Delta Ceramcoat sold at Walmart, Joanns, or Michaels. Apply it in thin layers with a paint brush over the stones and inbetween stones, etc. I used about four coats and my shoes are still in like new condition.... I've worn them to my wedding, the reception, and a christmas party (including dancing) and not one single stone has come off!

Congrats and Good Luck!
-Michele

PS: If you wanna get REAL fancy, you can purchase the silver acrylic paint sold by same company and paint the bottoms of the shoes and then date/initial the inside of the heel to preserve them and then paint that with the exterior varnish as well. After everything is dry, purchase a pair of those shoe scuffs, can't remember what they are called, but they are applied to the bottom of dress shoes to keep from slipping on hard floors and such. This will keep the nice paint and the bottom of your pretty shoes from getting scratched up.... I wish I had thought of this at the time I wore mine. :wink:

whattheduck

Reaction score
I love your idea, if it were not for one problem, I want them to be authentic.... here like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4141365428&category=63889 see?*drools.... :flirt: * Soooooo pretty..... and I even have "floor plans" http://users.deltacomm.com/rainbowz/rubyslipperfanclub/slipperblueprint.html

but yeah, they actualy have some ruby slippers from time to time that have the stones on them, but I just dont like them as much, im just pick that way, but than you for the idea! (well part of them will have them on it, the bow is made out of them)

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
whattheduck said:
I love your idea, if it were not for one problem, I want them to be authentic.... here like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4141365428&category=63889 see?*drools.... :flirt: * Soooooo pretty..... and I even have "floor plans" http://users.deltacomm.com/rainbowz/rubyslipperfanclub/slipperblueprint.html

but yeah, they actualy have some ruby slippers from time to time that have the stones on them, but I just dont like them as much, im just pick that way, but than you for the idea! (well part of them will have them on it, the bow is made out of them)

ARG!!!! again, this is my post, not my sisters, I forgot to check who was logged in

Manda:-D

Reaction score
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY for Katie!!! Congratulations!!!! That's so exciting!!!!