Just for the Halibut: The JimAndFrank Blog

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Michael is back, bringing the love for A Muppet Family Christmas, a fantastic special that Muppet fans have been enjoying for 30 years!
https://justforthehalibutblog.wordpress.com/2017/12/07/30-years-of-a-muppet-family-christmas/
One thing I thought about bringing up that I forgot to was the songs. This was my first exposure to many of the songs - including "We Need a Little Christmas", "Sleigh Ride", "The Christmas Song", and many of the songs in the carol sing - and I tend to associate those songs with this special as much as with other versions (I guess it helps that I don't know off-hand where the songs originated, as many of them have scores of covers).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Indeed he knows.

Since it was just announced today, there still aren't too many details, so I don't know of the specifics of what will be going on in terms of his being there, but I'm going to be staying on top of it.

I don't know if there's going to be an "fan package" with him like there was with the SS cast back in October, but either way, I'm not sure if I would take advantage of that this time. I was a complete novice to cons when I went in October, but I went ahead and purchased a $200 fan package that included a photo-op, seating at the Q&A panel and sing-along, and an autograph ticket for each of the guests there . . . but after actually attending, I feel like I probably could have saved myself some money if I just paid for the photo-op, and then just paid for the individual autographs, not to mention there was still plenty of seating at the Q&A panel and I probably could have still gotten in even without paying for that fan package. So, I mean, I don't know what kind of fan package, if any, will be available with Steve, but I suppose if there's a photo-op, I might get that, and then I could probably just pay whatever he charges at his table for an autograph, and possibly any other photos with him.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And for people even further south than Knoxville, Steve will attending another con down in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida in July.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
And for people even further south than Knoxville, Steve will attending another con down in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida in July.
I wish he made an appearance at the Puppetry Arts Center in Atlanta. I almost met him about 2 years ago but missed him by an hour!