Just a little bit of whining...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Count, I've never heard of that store, I don't think there's one nearby. But thanks for your help. :smile:

Drtooth, that is a good idea. However there is one problem.

Chains like that (Future Shop, CD Warehouse, etc) tend to be very expensive, unless they have a sale. For example, FutureShop routinely has Futurama and other tv box sets around $35-$40 at the VERY LEAST. I got Futurama season 1 at Wal-Mart for $17.50. That is CANADIAN dollars. That is an excellent deal.

I got TMS season 1 at Future Shop because it was onsale when it first came out for 36$, the cheapest I have ever seen it in any store at any time (including WalMart, actually). I got both FR's at Costco for about 26$ each.

Frankly I can't afford to buy a set for $40-50 dollars. I am a student, 'nuff said! :/ That amount is a bit too much to spend on one item. So I am forced to bargain hunt, and stores like the ones I mentioned tend to have the best deals.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Lemme do a bit of price checking when I go back to the store to get my copy of SS Old School along with the other Muppet CD's and DVD's I ordered.
Will LYK ASAP MrsP. If you wanna send me a PM or E-mail with your mailing info... That'd be cool, though I say lemme check the pricing first.

The only thing I asked for they couldn't find in their computers was the Muppets Magic/Ed Sullivan DVD. They also haven't gotten the Green & Red Christmas CD in stock, but it's on its way.

Drtooth

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Drtooth, that is a good idea. However there is one problem.

Chains like that (Future Shop, CD Warehouse, etc) tend to be very expensive, unless they have a sale. For example, FutureShop routinely has Futurama and other tv box sets around $35-$40 at the VERY LEAST. I got Futurama season 1 at Wal-Mart for $17.50. That is CANADIAN dollars. That is an excellent deal.
Actually, it tends to vary store to store. Ironically the cheapest I found the Electric Company DVD set 1 was around $30 at some indie chain when I went to New Hampshire.

Newburry Comics over here, for example tends to have some prices cheaper and some prices higher than regular stores. National chains have better prices on most items (though Best Buy is a contraditcion in terms for some things), but a more limited selection. Online is usually the best way to go, if you are able to purchase off a computer.

BTW, I actually have so little box sets and want so much, and they do tend to get pricey. I also want to add, I know things in Canada cost more than in the US.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I finally found it at best buy lastnight they had 2 copies! ugh finally the search is over!

DTWolf

Reaction score
I saw two copies at Best Buy the week it came out, squirrelled away among the zillion other Sesame DVDs, but even though I really want it, I stopped myself from buying and decided I would ask for it for Christmas. Only now I worry the people buying presents for me won't be able to find it!

I've been on the lookout, and so far there's no sign of it at Target, Barnes & Noble, Tower (but then, they're in liquidation right now getting ready to close, so no surprise). I haven't looked at Davis Kidd, Borders, Toys R Us, or Costco (I've never even been to Costco--Nashville just got its first one a month or two ago).