"Jump the Shark" Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
On that notion too, you also have Bewitched Vs. I Dream of Jeannie... even though, the idea of I Dream of Jeannie WAS NBC's attempt to compete with ABC's Bewitched.

Zoot the Saxer

Reaction score
That 70's Show jumped the shark when Donna dyed her hair blonde...or, maybe it was when she got engaged to Eric...or when Red had a heart attack...and then it, just...got...bad...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, on that token, can PEOPLE jump the shark? Because it's that the case, like what you previously mentioned, I'd say Amy Adams jumped the shark when she dyed her hair red, because then it became so hard to distinguish her from Jenna Fischer and vice-versa.

Zoot the Saxer

Reaction score
Jump the shark...jump the shark...wouldn't it be fun to actually jump over a shark...?!!! *Gonzo moment* :concern:

galagr

Reaction score
Courage the Cowardly Dog jumped the shark when the network forced him to stop talking after the first season.
Wait, Cartoon Network forced him to stop speaking? What on earth for? To me, Courage The Cowardly Dog has jumped the shark a few other times as well...

And don't get me started on the "Violin Girl" scene...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wait, Cartoon Network forced him to stop speaking? What on earth for?
Apparently, they actually thought he talked "too much" during the first season, and they felt it "wasn't right for him to talk so much", and basically just went up to John Dilworth and said, "We don't like this, will you change it?" Hence why afterwards, Courage just basically babbled incoherently, and if he ever did speak, it may have been a zinger or two an episode (and not EVERY episode, mind you).

The thing that bothered me the most over that was Courage not even talking as he was typing on Computer... then, you pretty much had to guess what it was he was saying or trying to look up.

Ironically though, Courage still talked in the Cartoon Cartoons comic books... matter of fact, THOSE jumped the shark as well when they switched to that "Cartoon Network Block Party", because it's like they stopped caring about to attention to detail, and suddenly, the comics were incredibly plain, simplistic, and lazy, as opposed to actually using the surreal photorealistic design like the series' proper did.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Adventure Time has jumped the shark when the litch episodes came and I hope it is cancelled.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I know there was a concept that a show could jump the shark from day one, so here's my list of shows that I think did just that:

• Baby Daddy (Seriously? A FAMILY sitcom about a baby daddy? Are you kidding me?)
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • Chelsea Handler's sitcom where she plays her own sister and someone else plays her (did she really even need her own sitcom in the first place?)
  • Dr. Oz's new reality series (Hey, I like Dr. Oz, but do we really need a reality series about watching life-saving surgeries and operations?)
  • Don't Trust the B---- in Apt. 23 (Ugly show)
  • Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (but really, almost all new Cartoon Network shows since 2004)
  • Glee
  • Any Kardashian spin-off reality series.
  • New Girl (haven't heard anything positive about it)
  • The Secret Life of the American Teenager
  • Snooki's new reality series.
  • Whitney (haven't heard anything positive about it either)
To name a few.
I like foster home I think it was like a cartoon cartoon