July 10: Celebrating Jerry Nelson

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We remember... Saying goodbye. Muppet legend, once-in-a-lifetime voice, irreplaceable soul, dear friend, Jerry Nelson passed away on August 23, 2012.

In honor of Jerry's 88th birthday (July 10, 1934), we present our annual Jerry Nelson tribute on Muppet Central Radio including some rare performer demos and a special Muppeteer birthday tribute recorded for Jerry's 65th birthday.

Share your favorite memories of Jerry and listen to Jerry's music on Muppet Central Radio. Read and remember... "Still Counting: An Interview with Muppeteer Jerry Nelson". :sing::batty::smirk:

Listen via TorontoCast:

Listen via Tune-In:

Listen via Apple Siri and Apple Music:
"Siri, play Muppet Central Radio."
"Siri, play Muppet Central Radio on TuneIn."

Listen via Amazon Alexa:
"Alexa, play Muppet Central Radio."
"Alexa, play Muppet Central Radio on TuneIn."

Listen via Google Nest and Google Home:
"Play Muppet Central Radio."
"Play Muppet Central Radio on TuneIn."

Promote Muppet Central Radio with this short url:
bit.ly/muppetradio

Love all the people in your life. Our time here is so short.

fragglevision

Reaction score
You probably knew I was gonna comment on one of these, but I'm just gonna do it again. I still miss Jerry and will for the rest of my life. Doesn't help that it's now been roughly 10 years since he left.
I'm a firm believer of the multiverse theory, especially after seeing Everything Everywhere All At Once (great movie, a must-see!), so if I could somehow drop into a universe where Jerry was still alive and spend a day with him, I would. If the only universe he was still alive in was the one where everyone had hot dog fingers (LOL for those who have seen that movie), I'd find ways to make the best of it. But as my personal life begins to improve (knock on wood that it continues to improve) I know his spirit will be guiding me through the road ahead.

Also, ToughPigs put out an animatic set to the 65th Birthday audio track and it's glorious. Give it a watch.

fragglevision

Reaction score
another thing: July 10 seems to be a based day - not only is it the birthday of meme lord Stefan Karl Stefansson, but it's National Kitten Day!

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
July 10th is definitely up there as one of the best days of the year!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Unfortunately, that impressive animatic that fragglevision linked to was taken down by the guy who made the audio, Rick Lyon. This just shows you a glimpse into the kinda guy Rick is and why he was fired.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Yeah. Zach (the artist behind the video) told me on the ToughPigs forum that it (and the original audio, which Rick himself seemingly uploaded) was removed by him.

On the bright side, Richard does have another short form that’s far more fitting for his behavior…

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Yeah. Zach (the artist behind the video) told me on the ToughPigs forum that it (and the original audio, which Rick himself seemingly uploaded) was removed by him.

On the bright side, Richard does have another short form that’s far more fitting for his behavior…
You're referring to his Kermit parody making angry demands on Stephen Colbert's show?