"Julie's Greenroom" series with Julie Andrews coming to Netflix in 2017

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Very unexpected news indeed. There's going to be a lot of guest stars on it too including Alec Baldwin, Idina Menzel and Sarah Barellies who is also guest starring on Sesame Street this year.

It's good that the Henson Company can keep itself busy outside of Sesame Street.

backpackmina

Reaction score
Well, I didn't see this coming but I'm glad it's happening. Just this morning I was wondering when JHC will start using puppets in their shows again. Really hope it's a success - but how can you go wrong with Julie Andrews? :smile:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Uh, if it wasn't exclusive to Netflix so it could actually reach a broader audience for more people actually see it?
You really have to get over that. Many really good shows on Netflix and other streaming services are on streaming because networks wouldn't pick them up. Not only that but, creators have a lot less restrictions than they do on most networks, cable or broadcast.

Creators have to do what they can to get their content out there. Besides even if it doesn't reach the broadest of audiences, Netflix still has a lot of users. And at least more people watch it than premium channels like HBO. Actually in many cases, more people are watching shows like House of Cards than they are most of ABC's current lineup.

Last edited:

backpackmina

Reaction score
But really, though - as I'm more of a Hulu person and haven't used my Netflix in forever so I don't know - how many kids in this target age group even watch original Netflix shows? I think I'm with D'Snowth here.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Netflix has it's own special "KIDS" section, so I would wager some amount. Plus, parents are often around to put in on for them.