Johnny Fiama & Sal The Monkey Appreciation Thread

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Did you see that episode of Muppets Tonight that featured Johnny singing "Pretty Bunsen"? That was hilarious! I won't spoil the details of that episode, but hearing "Pretty Bunsen" on MC Radio, and hearing that on Muppets Tonight was hilarious! The way Johnny sang "Pretty Bunsen" made me LAUGH!

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I love Johnny and Sal, they're pretty much the embodiment of awesome! I think they're a perfect duo and I'm actually trying to draw them as 'Men In Black' agents because that just takes them to a whole new level of awesome :skeptical:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really hope that by the next project they recast Sal or try to get Brian back to perform his characters. Johnny and Sal are my favorite new characters right up there with Pepe. Some of those last season MT episodes about Johnny were the best of the series. Johnny Moves Out was just brilliant. It's a shame that show got canceled after that one.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Oh, yeah! Johnny and Sal are hilarious. The crooner-monkey duo is so funny, and I certainly hope they make more appearances in the near future. But I agree with Drtooth, Sal should probably get recast. Brian's pretty busy with JHC stuff so, it'd be best to recast him. But I will say, nobody can pull off this primate pal as good as Brian!

Yorick

Reaction score
Did you see that episode of Muppets Tonight that featured Johnny singing "Pretty Bunsen"? That was hilarious! I won't spoil the details of that episode, but hearing "Pretty Bunsen" on MC Radio, and hearing that on Muppets Tonight was hilarious! The way Johnny sang "Pretty Bunsen" made me LAUGH!
I will check it out! I'm a fan of Johnny and Sal, too!

TripleG

Reaction score
I haven't come close to seeing all of Muppets Tonight, but I like the idea of a lounge singer Sinatra Muppet, ha ha.

One thing I do remember that made me laugh was in the Muppet Christmas Movie that aired on NBC. They had all the Muppets exchanging gifts and all of them were in a "Gift of the Magi" situation where they traded a personal possession to get a gift for their closest friend. Bunch of little sweet moments, right?

And then Sal comes up and gives Fiama like a Gold Record player and says "Merry Christmas Johnny" and then he waits for his gift and Fiama just looks at it and says "Thanks" and keeps doing what he was doing. I lol'd.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
One of my favorite exchanges from Johnny and Sal was in the episode of Muppets Tonight where Bean Bunny (poor fellow) gets kicked out of a window by Sal.

Johnny: Hey, Sal, why did'ya do that? It was just some kid sellin' chocolates.

Sal: Oh, yeah, right Johnny, and I'm a monkey!

(akward silence; Johnny looks at Sal)

Sal: OKAY, JOHNNY FIAMA, COMIN' THROUGH!