John Tartaglia Article

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The latest issue of People Magazine's article about John Tartaglia left me nearly speechless and completely inspired...

He was a Muppeteer for Sesame Street at the age of 16 (SIXTEEN!) and now at 29 he's part of Avenue Q and a new Disney Channel series called Johnny and the Sprites... and interesting enough we both earned the same nick name at almost the same age (he was 16 when he earned the nick name "Puppet Master", I was 15).

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, Jim is always the Puppet master in my mind but that is a gerat nick name to earn. Anyway, I have heard some where that he was a puppeteer for Sesame Street at the age of Sixteen. But that is awsome that he's is People Magazine, though!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Same here, Jim Henson is the world's TRUE "Puppet Master", but it is a great nick-name to earn... I mean I'm not even a professional puppet (though my mom likes to brag that I am), and I earned that name after only puppeteering for the local PBS station for a short time... I think it's because of my passion for puppetry and the fact that I always end up having to talk to little kids through my puppet off camera as well. That's always fun.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
John Tartaglia

A Sesame Street puppeteer at 16, Tartaglia, now 29, grew up to star with puppets onstage (Avenue Q) and on Disney Channel's Johnny and the Sprites, about a guy befriending magical creatures.
PUPPET MASTER

When I was 16, I wrote down this idea about woodland creatures. It's amazing to think of something at that age and have it happen as a show.
DOUBLE DUTY
I'm on Broadway in Beauty and the Beast as Lumiere. What's wonderful is I've always been a huge Disney fan. I'm kind of a theme-park geek.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Is that the whole thing? I thought it would be longer.

Nick

Reaction score
I searched People.com and could not find mention of the article at all.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
People often put in just little blurbs, so that didn't surprise me. Nice read!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I've seen it! It's funny that Leslie Carrara is a sprite on one show, and a farie on another!:big_grin: