John Astin

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS’S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

Today’s V/A focus is John Astin who turned 80 this March. John was famous for playing Gomez Addams from the original Addams Family TV series as well as voicing Gomez in the 1992 Addams Family cartoon series. He also played the evil Dr. Gangreen from the Killer Tomatoes movies as well as voicing him in the Killer Tomatoes cartoon series.

AAAHH! REAL MONSTERS: Doctor
THE ADDAMS FAMILY(1992): Gomez Addams
ALADDIN(THE SERIES): Sydney
AS TOLD BY GINGER: Dave Bishop
ATTACK OF THE KILLER TOMATOES(ANIMATED): Dr. Putrid T. Gangreen, Ultramato
BONKERS: The Mole
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN AND THE TEENANGELS: Additional voices
DUCKMAN: Terry Duke Tezloff
HIGGLYTOWN HEROES: Santa Claus
PINKY AND THE BRAIN: Grover Whalen
PROBLEM CHILD(ANIMATED): Additional voices
QUACK PACK: Robot Dad
RECESS: Supt. Skinner, Hank the Janitor
SCOOBY DOO MEETS THE ADDAMS FAMILY: Gomez Addams
TAZ-MANIA: Bull Gator
THE TWISTED TALES OF FELIX THE CAT: Additional voices
WHAT THE BLEEP? DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE: Dr. Quantum
THE WILD THORNBERRYS: The Great Bangaboo

minor muppetz

Reaction score
John Astin was also the "Pigs in a Poke" game show host in National Lampoon's European Vacation.

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
While best known for his comedic work John Astin can also do good dramatic roles too.

Several years ago I got to see him perform live on stage as Willy Loman in Death of a Salesman.

Yorick

Reaction score
While best known for his comedic work John Astin can also do good dramatic roles too.

Several years ago I got to see him perform live on stage as Willy Loman in Death of a Salesman.
Very true - and very cool! Glad you got to see him on stage like that! He's great - I always wanted to see his Poe show on stage.

For that matter, it would have been cool if he was Gomez in the new broadway Addams Family - (but Nathan Lane sounds promising, though it got some bad reviews, I don't recall them blaming him).