Joey Mazzarino leaving Sesame Street

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, so far it looks like some of the other long-standing writers like Annie Evans, Emily Perl Kingsley, and Belinda Ward to name a few are still around - maybe of one them might get the job? Or, hopefully, SW won't pull another "corporate" move and bring in a new outside head writer like some shows have a tendancy to do.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I wish they would give out more information about who wrote each sketch and street story. Most shows tell you in the credits who wrote each individual episode, but this show only lists who the writers are for the entire show.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, considering this show, unlike most others, is made up of different elements, such as street stories, recurring segments, other inserts, it's probably just easier and more convenient for everybody to just list all of the writers of that season in the credits rather than each individual writer or writers for each individual segment featured in the episode. Not to mention, we've seen from script examples that sometimes the content of the final episode differs from the outlines and drafts of the scripts.

Jakob

Reaction score
Or How About Big Bag? Joey Played The Title Role.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I know this might be late but, Matt Vogel confirms that Murray isn't getting a new performer.
https://www.facebook.com/welcomemat...3183117465288/946057512177847/?type=3&theater
That makes sense, as Matt said "Murray is such a Joey character". I definitely can't imagine anyone else playing the role. He put so much of himself into that character, Murray is his baby.
This also seems like a logical move on the producer's part, because now that the hosting format of 2009-2015 has been done away with, there's really not much use for him anymore. That being said, they are keeping Ovejita on the show, which I think is a good idea.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Up until Murray, Joey never really had a signature character to the extent that other performers had. Caroll had Big Bird and Oscar, Kevin had Elmo, Jerry had Count, Marty had Telly and Snuffy, David had Baby Bear, Fran had Zoe, Steve had Ernie, Eric had Bert and Grover, Carmen had Rosita, but none of the characters that Joey played were anything more than supporting fixtures we'd see on occasion, such as Stinky, Horatio, and even Papa Bear . . . in fact, prior to Murray, it seemed like they were trying to establish Papa Bear as Joey's signature character, considering he did those inserts with Papa Bear like Murray started doing where he'd converse with a kid on the set, like that Antonio kid.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I figure they'll keep re-running Murray Has a Little Lamb bits. They're kinda stuck with him in the opening theme now unless they choose to re-shoot the ending.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
prior to Murray, it seemed like they were trying to establish Papa Bear as Joey's signature character, considering he did those inserts with Papa Bear like Murray started doing where he'd converse with a kid on the set, like that Antonio kid.
Yeah, I remember that. The writers and Joey were testing out several characters at that time to interview kids. Papa Bear, Murray and even a talking piece of broccoli.