Joanne Rogers dead at 92

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone will ever grasp how important Mr. Rogers was. On rare occasions he would appear on late night talk shows, and he was exactly the same onstage and off.
Of course that made him the butt of a lot of jokes. But he even enjoyed when Eddie Murphy spoofed him.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Joanne has revealed that Fred occasionally had a childish/immature sense of humor that most people never saw; she's described him as being someone who would actually lean over in his seat and let out silent farts whenever he was bored listening to a sermon or a lecture.

Can you imagine Mister Rogers sitting there farting?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean he apparently would do it intentionally.

Prof Bunsen

Reaction score
I grew up watching Mr. Rogers when I was a kid. It seemed like a nice escape from the stresses of grade school. It was like watching the screen and sorta thinking you were there, that you were visiting Fred's house (or, perhaps, the other way around?). But it had that persona of a best friend that you wished was always there, to keep you relaxed, to keep your mind in focus. Before there was Modern Marvels or How Things Work, we had the "Picture-Picture". And then there's also that unforgettable Neighborhood of Make Believe where we met some of our faithful companions, like Lady Elaine and Daniel Tiger, and the humans that normally visited like beautiful Lady Aberlin (which I bet everyone probably at one time had a schoolboy crush on) and Neighbor Aber. Like I said, it was a fun escape, just watching Fred on the television set, feeding the fish and singing "You are Special" or "It's Such a Good Feeling," and just getting immersed into that experience. And I imagine Joanne felt the same way with her husband. And now they are both at peace. Adieu, you guys. You meant a lot to me growing up.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I was around way back when, during the closing credits, the last house you saw had the NET logo and a big antenna on the roof.
In the fall of 1970 (I was 2) NET became PBS.
Apart from some minor changes in the layout in the neighbored during the credits, very little changed.