Jim's personality

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
I read somewhere that Jane took him to the hospital but do not quote me on that one.

Really - don't you touch that 'quote' button:wink:

radionate

Reaction score
I think (almost positive) they were seperated when Jim died, but Jane was there with him and the family throughout his hospital stay.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
This is what the CNN: Profiles says (with Jane interviews to back it up):

Jim was in a rough time in his life. Both Labyrenth and Dark Crystal weren't doing as we as he had hoped, and he was depressed for long stretches. Jim and Jane had seperated, but remained close friends.

I believe then Frank Oz is interviewed, saying somthing to the effect of:

"Jim's sickness wasn't sudden. We could see the progression when we were working. It started as just coughing and such. But then we were scheduled to do a taping and Jim just called in and said he couldn't. W e all thought he was bluffing, I mean, Jim never missed a taping. But he wasn't and was getting worse."

Jane:

"I took Jim to the hospital that morning. He actually seemed fine. We walked the perimeter of the hospital once that morning. None of us could imagine that he was going to die that day."

This special is really a great one. Very informative. I have it on tape, email me (themantischild@aol.com) if your interested in obtaining it.

-Matt

Joggy

Reaction score
That special is great! (and silly me used to think it was NBC... shows how much I watch for channels).

It still hurts to see Frank cry over Jim Henson's death when asked about it. He's really missing him.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Yeah Joggy, I was so upset when I saw that...I mean its obvious him and Jim were close (all the years together both working and friendly prove that). But I mean right at that moment, so far past his death (had to be what...at least 6 years? 7, 8?) he was still hurting inside. It broke my heart. Then to see the emotion in the faces of the Puppeteers who performed at Jims funeral...I think I broke down then. It all shows that Jim was a fantastic and wonderful human being, and should be forever remembered as one.

-Matt

Niall

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jeffrey Gray
Someone on YesterdayLand's board says that he once tried to talk to Jim Henson somewhere, and Jim got angry and yelled "Get the **** away from me, kid! I'm busy!" at him...however, this guy is NOT a fan of the Muppets, and in fact hates them, so I think it may be fabricated...
Have you lost any of your teeth lately, Jeffrey? If you have, be sure to leave them under your pillow so the Tooth Fairy can leave you money for each one:big_grin:

Collgoff

Reaction score
In the fraggle rock seanson 1 DVD one of the writers said Jim Henson was like Cantus the minstrle because Jim was wise and goffy at the same time.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
I seem to recall a story from one of the special features on the Fraggle Rock S1 DVD. It's been a while since I've seen it, so I can't recount verbatim, but I remember Duncan Kenworthy talking about having to go to a meeting (I think it was to pitch the series) and I believe he had a hang-over from the night before and said he didn't want to do it, to which Jim "rather bad-temperdly said 'Fine, I'll do it".

When I first heard that story, I was really surprised by that because I couldn't imagine Jim ever losing his temper. But I think at the end of the day, even the best of us can lose our temper from time to time.

I haven't ever heard or read that story of him being a bit stern with Jerry Nelson one time though.

Collgoff

Reaction score
I seem to recall a story from one of the special features on the Fraggle Rock S1 DVD. It's been a while since I've seen it, so I can't recount verbatim, but I remember Duncan Kenworthy talking about having to go to a meeting (I think it was to pitch the series) and I believe he had a hang-over from the night before and said he didn't want to do it, to which Jim "rather bad-temperdly said 'Fine, I'll do it".

When I first heard that story, I was really surprised by that because I couldn't imagine Jim ever losing his temper. But I think at the end of the day, even the best of us can lose our temper from time to time.

I haven't ever heard or read that story of him being a bit stern with Jerry Nelson one time though.
When did you hear that?

bazingababe24

Reaction score
*lol* I'll have to look for that interview now. To be fair, if one of my employees knew he was scheduled to pitch an important project, and got wasted the night before anyway, I wouldn't be too pleased with him either!