Jim Hill Article...

GonzoPimp

Reaction score
Thats really sad to think about the Fraggles being extinct. :cry:

That is the coolest ride idea I've ever heard. I would die. Alas, it is not to be. You should make an animation version on flash or something. I don't really know how to use flash so I don't really know what I'm talking about, but I've heard its easy to use. It would be cool! ANywaze, Great Idea!

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Not to jump all over Luke's territory (ragging on Jim Hill) but what gets me about this piece are all the typos and errors. Not very porfessional coming from a professional writer.

It does offer some legitimate hope for Fraggle Rock-- as part of a fantasy distribution deal we could see the series released on DVD/video. That might actually be better for Fraggle than Disney distribution. Fraggle doesn't feel like today's kiddie shows and it might not play well squashed in between the current Disney shows. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying Fraggle is outdated, but we all know it is getting harder for Sesame to compete with the flash of other kid shows. Perhaps Fraggle would be more successful market to fantasy fans in their teens and twenties. Anyway, at least there's hope for Fraggle.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It seemed to me like an article not written by anybody, but rather an e-mailed letter used as an article. Am I mistaken?

GonzoPimp

Reaction score
MuppetQuilter said:
Fraggle doesn't feel like today's kiddie shows and it might not play well squashed in between the current Disney shows.
excellent point!

MuppetQuilter said:
...but we all know it is getting harder for Sesame to compete with the flash of other kid shows.
Sesame Street is one big flash. I love it, it's deep and beautul. But when you look back, at Old School Sesame St esp, the show is one big piece of ABC decorated candy. Even Cooney said herself that if they were going to error it would be on the side of entertainment. The problem Sesame St has is not its lack of flash, but lack or realism. The show is supposed to to aimed at innner-city kids, but last time I watched it (last week) it looked like a Barney Episode. The only cool stuff were the older clips.

Again, I wish I didn't have to say this, the show is like a parent to me, but its true.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I prefer the old days before SS became another Barney/Telletubbies.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Yeah, sometimes I just can't watch that show. I wish Noggin would bring back "Sesame Street Unpaved," even if it's in the middle of the night, since that's when I'm awake anyway.