Jim Henson's Puppet Improv March 8-12

Metacritter

Reaction score
(My first post, Hi everyone!) :excited:

I'm just a few hours from Aspen... wow, I'm tempted!

In addition to the improv, I see a 'Puppet Master Class' listed in Bonus Shows...

Quoted:
Enjoy a rare behind-the-scenes peek at the inner workings that transform a puppet into a lifelike person. The Jim Henson Company’s world-renowned puppeteers Brian Henson, Bill Barretta and Julianne Buescher, along with Groundlings alum Patrick Bristow, invite you to witness through demonstrations and audience participation the chaos of puppet improv from a performers’ perspective.

I can't post URLS until I've made 10 posts, sorry...
Go to guide.hbocomedyfestival.com, then select 'Bonus Show' to find this.

Erine81981

Reaction score
wes said:
take some picture or video's if they let you and share the wealth of info!!

Please!!!:halo:
I don't know if I will be able to go. If it's in Aspen or whatever I don't think I'll be able to make it.

Voiceroy

Reaction score
According to the Aspen Comedy website, they're doing two shows. I'd give my good puppeteering arm to be at this event (as long as I could get it back afterwards).

Victor Yerrid displayed a solid knack for improv when he was at the San Diego Comic-Con with the crew promoting "Kermit's Swamp Years" a few years back: he riffed performing with both Goggles and Croaker muppets from the movie. And he's a super-nice guy in person too.

It'd be a real treat to see Henson and Baretta live (especially doing an "adult" show), but I would give anything to see in person Paul Rugg's comedic insanity with puppets.

But alas, I live in Atlanta and my wife and I are trying to finance a house and hopefully a baby too in the next year and there's no way we can afford the trip.

For any of you who are able to make it, I beg of you to please please please take lots of pictures and videotape the shows too if possible. It's not just for me, it's for the children.

Wait... it's an adult show. Okay, just do it for me then.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Why do these events happen in places where I can't be? Movies, pictures, script transcript. Anything will do! :smile:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Since the show is by HBO, will this the Improv show will be shown on television?

mummytomb

Reaction score
Well, Children, I saw the message this morning and booked a room and got my festival ticket this afternoon.
Anyone else going?
Anyone from the LA area? We can split the gas.

Oh, and I'll get as much visual and comentary as possible.

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
I second the Paul Rugg!! Oh man I loved Freakazoid! Could they do this maybe sometime in Atlanta..we got the Center of Puppetry arts which has the adult theater. If anyone finds out if the show is being shown please share the knowledge. I would love to see this too. I can't wait to see when it's here. Man for those who are going you guys are super lucky! Have a Blast for all of us who can't and wish that we were there!:smile:

Valentine

Reaction score
mummytomb said:
Well, Children, I saw the message this morning and booked a room and got my festival ticket this afternoon.
Anyone else going?
Anyone from the LA area? We can split the gas.

Oh, and I'll get as much visual and comentary as possible.
hey mummytomb :smile:

how much did you spend on the tickets?