Jim Hensons Funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plug

Reaction score
Bit Torrent download

Well, to dissuade the fears of commercial distribution/eBay etc, would someone be interested in making it available by BitTorrent?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You know what? I think everybody keep listing this as a "Funeral," when it was a "memorial service." Jim Henson was cremated, and if there were a Funeral it was a small family and friends deal.

This was the Memorial Service that the family, friends, and general public were invited to. You can see some of the news footage of that day on YouTube.com.

Also, the memorial service recorded isn't a bad thing unless news coverage of the day was also a bad thing. And, Charles Schulz's family sold his Memorial Service - although money went to charity from the sales, so if it were an official release by the family then I wouldn't be complaining. As much as I wished to be there I couldn't, so vicariously being there via DVD would be nice, so if someone has copies then it should be free - granted someone sends the recordable DVD and return postage. So, I won't lie and say I don't want to see the Memorial Service, because I do--I just won't pay for a copy of it. That's when it becomes disrespectful.

Anyways, that's the difference in Funeral and Memorial Service, as well as my opinion on selling things of this sort.

In the meantime, I'm going to close this discussion. It really leads to nothing positive and could cause hard feelings, even though everybody seems to be agreeing on the same thing with just different ways of saying it.

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
Your right, I guess it was more like a memorial service than a funeral.

Status
Not open for further replies.