Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge Episode 4: Heads Up

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Watch the fourth episode of Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge "Heads Up" on SyFy Tuesday night at 10 pm eastern, 9 pm central and let us know your thoughts.

In this episode, the creature designers must each create a fantasy creature who'd been slain, and is now hanging on a wizard's wall.

If you saw this episode, please "like" this post and share your thoughts below.

lazesummestone

Reaction score
I actually kinda thought that was a bad idea for Josh to leave. I think he probably psyched himself out, and probably will regret leaving later. If you had a chance at your dream job, Im sure your family would be supportive.

Chopped Liver

Reaction score
I actually kinda thought that was a bad idea for Josh to leave. I think he probably psyched himself out, and probably will regret leaving later. If you had a chance at your dream job, Im sure your family would be supportive.

That's what I was thinking too. If he won the money, he could've used it to bring his family.

lazesummestone

Reaction score
I got the feeling like he thought the idea of uprooting his family would be too big a change. But yeah, getting a job at Henson would be a big change, a big good awesome change!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I don't think it had anything to do with his family being unsupportive, but to me it sounded like he had young children that he didn't want to completely uproot their lives to move to another state, even if it DID mean getting his dream job. We don't really know the details of what his personal situation is at home, so taking on such a huge new change might not have been in the cards for him.

While sometimes change is good for kids, sometimes it can be traumatizing depending on the situation. Perfect example, my friend's niece has some mental/emotional problems, and has a hard time adapting to new surroundings and making friends. She's about 10. When the family moved they fought to keep her in the same school that she was in so she wouldn't have to leave the few friends she has made and feels comfortable with. Maybe this guy has something like that going on?

Anyway back to the show itself, I LOVED this past week's challenge with the giant walkaround creatures. I thought Melissa and Ben's bird was PHENOMENAL.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So because today the Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge gets moved to 9 PM EST, they're giving it the Faceoff treatment by airing a repeat of three previous episodes starting at 6 PM Est. Episode 4 is finishing right now, and I liked this one best out of all five so far. The Creature Brief makes me think it's the Hogwarts Hunting Lodge trophy wall combined with the idea of the sketch for the song "I'm A Gnu" from TMS. But for the life of me I still have no idea what kind of fantasy creature Yvonne, the eliminated designer's creature was supposed to be. :confused: