Jim Henson Hour questions

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have some questions about the jim henson hour.

what episodes, besides dog city and the secrets of the muppets, featured rowlf? what did he do in those episodes?

what episodes did richard hunt perform in?

did animal talk in the 'food" episode?

what episodes featured bunsen and beaker?

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
what episodes, besides dog city and the secrets of the muppets, featured rowlf? what did he do in those episodes?
He starred in "Merlin Magician, M.D." sketches in the "Aquatic Life" and "Health & Fitness" episodes.

minor muppetz said:
what episodes did richard hunt perform in?
The Health & Fitness episode.

minor muppetz said:
did animal talk in the 'food" episode?
Maybe...

minor muppetz said:
what episodes featured bunsen and beaker?
The Health & Fitness episode.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, TSF's correct. Though the name of the sketches Rowlf appeared in as Merlin were named "Merlin the Magician MD"

In the sketch in Episode 07, Health & Fitness, Rowlf as Merlin was turned into the Elvis Presley Muppet with Rowlf's ears. These ears were taken off of the puppet when he appeared in the final musical number in Episode 08, Musicians.

What I'd like to know though is what are the names of the cast of The Soldier and Death from the Storyteller segment on Episode 03, Monster Telethon. Specifically, the actors' names who portrayed the three beggars at the beginning of the story.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
thanks for all the info. i have another question relating to the jim henson hour.

did chip ever appear outside of the gorrillia television scenes?

did chip ever speak? if he did, then who performed him?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If Chip is the guy who directed Zondra and Ubu on the Gorilla TV segments of JHH...

1 Then yes, he did speak and I believe he might've been voiced by Jerry Nelson.
2 He did appear on Muppets Tonight. Lemme see if I remember correctly...
MuppetDude, my trusted source, says that Chip was named Lester Z'Dwango. But I'm not exactly sure where said reference was made. Would have to check the Muppet Listings 15.0 thread around Page 6 (Post 150 and onwards) where we were discussing the descripts/characters from that production for inclusion in the list.
Hope this helps and have a good weekend.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Count said:
If Chip is the guy who directed Zondra and Ubu on the Gorilla TV segments of JHH...

1 Then yes, he did speak and I believe he might've been voiced by Jerry Nelson.
2 He did appear on Muppets Tonight. Lemme see if I remember correctly...
MuppetDude, my trusted source, says that Chip was named Lester Z'Dwango. But I'm not exactly sure where said reference was made. Would have to check the Muppet Listings 15.0 thread around Page 6 (Post 150 and onwards) where we were discussing the descripts/characters from that production for inclusion in the list.
Hope this helps and have a good weekend.
I meant did he appear on The Jim Henson Hour outside of gorrillia television, possibly in the background of some skits, although since you are blind then you might not know if he is in the background. I did know that he appeared in muppets tonight, and he also appeared in muppets from space, it's a very merry muppet christmas movie and the muppets wizard of oz.

by the way, did he appear in both episodes that have gorrillia television, or just "the ratings game"? in case you are wondering, the other episode with gorillia television was "food".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh OK. He appears in the Gorilla TV segment for both episodes.
Got all twelve episodes of JHH on video tape and I took the descripts provided of the characters when going through all that showed up for the list into a character guide stored here on my computer. So I know which episode you're talking about by numeric reference.
Not sure if he showed up in the background of any additional sketches, you'd probably have to ask MuppetDude personally or wait till he gets back in the fall since he uses his school computer most of the time, though he might be checking in from time to time from another available computer terminal.

Anything else?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
thanks for answering my questions, count, although you are not the only person who has to answer my questions. anybody can. but since you asked if i had any more questions, i do have some more, although I am not sure whether you can answer them or not.

i know that jerry nelson did not perform in the monster telethon episode. are there any other regular episodes he performed in?

I have read a performers list which listed a character called the all-dog network announcer. I believe that he was performed by rob mills. Who was he, was he seen or just a voice-over, what episodes did he appear in, and what was the all-dog network? I have a feeling that the dog city "pre-show" might have been one of his appearances.

after watching the secrets of the muppets and looking at the stills at tough pigs.com, I was wondering if the clips on the video monitors were already-existing footage or if most of the footage was made especially for being shown in the background. with the exception of a few muppet show clips on the monitors in the secrets of the muppets, I do not recognize any of the background clips.

what did bunsen and beaker do in health and fitness?

you said that the elvis presly muppet appeared in the closing number for the Musicians episode. what was the closing number? I thought that "the music just keeps on rolling along" was the closing number.

If you want to answer some more questiosn from me, there are some threads I started in the Classic Sesame Street section of this forum that haven't been answered. I also staretd a thread about the performers in the play-along videos in the henson people thread, which nobody has responded to yet.

It is interresting that richard hunt appeared on the jim henson hour less than frank oz. If frank oz performed in the health and fitness episode, then maybe there could have been an all-new veterinarians hospital sketch. if frank oz was able to perform in Science Fiction, then maybe there could have been a pigs in space skit (or maybe a pigs in space convention). if Richard hunt was in Science Fiction, then maybe bunsen and beaker could have been in that episode. a pigs in space or muppet labs skit would have been better than the alien beauty contest. and if richard hunt and frank oz performed more, then maybe the electrci mayhem could have been a regular part of the show. If these two performers were in the musicians episode, then maybe there could have been a rivalry between the electric mayhem and solid foam. Although i haven't seen the special, this could have been a good sub-plot for the muppets at walt disney world, and would have been better than having clifford be a member.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
i know that jerry nelson did not perform in the monster telethon episode. are there any other regular episodes he performed in?
Jobeth Garf Toohoo Bubba the Bartender (Voice)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
Jobeth Garf Toohoo Bubba the Bartender (Voice)
I meant were there any episodes he did not perform in. I know that he performed in Science Fiction, Musicians and Food, as well as in some of the specials, like dog city, the song of the cloudforrest (where he also appeared on-screen), lighthouse island (ditto) and the secrets of the muppets. I think he was also the announcer in Miss Piggys Hollywood (as well the the voice for king king in "thats Entertainment"), but only frank oz and dave goelz were credited for that special. his regular character on the show was beard. it is too bad that his regular muppet show characters (like floyd, crazy harry, robin, camillia, louis kazager and lew zeland) didn't appear much (if at all... i do know that lew zeland appeared in the ratings game).