Janice

Nick22

Reaction score
Who other than me is a huge Janice fan?:flirt: I was wondering who you think should be Janice's new, permanent performer. Janice has had many silent parts in most of the Muppet movies afetr Hunt's death. I think that Brian Henson is great as Janice and i think he should be Janice's permanent performer.:flirt: Anyone else have any ideas on who should perform Janice?:flirt:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I love her! I thought Brian was a great performer for her but he seems to have his hands full these days! I think David Rudman will get better over time. It's not easy filling in another performers shoes.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
According to he himself, David Rudman has already been named as the new permanent recast of both Scooter and Janice. I think he'll do a really great job--not only voice-wise, but character wise too, which is really the most important part. Especially with a character like Janice. :flirt:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
According to he himself, David Rudman has already been named as the new permanent recast of both Scooter and Janice. I think he'll do a really great job--not only voice-wise, but character wise too, which is really the most important part. Especially with a character like Janice. :flirt:
I know! I heard! And like everyone here I sure hope that the get bigger parts as well! *Too exciting!*

dwmckim

Reaction score
I was very pleased with the news that DR is official now as Scooter and Janice - esp since i've said ages ago that he should be the one to do the characters (more so Scooter as i wasn't sure what he would be like voicewise as Janice)...and even though there's not _as much_ a vocal match to Hunt as there is say Jacobson to Oz, i'd say that Rudman/Hunt is very much in line to the Jacobson/Oz dynamics since there is a similarity in voices but also in overall performance style/mentality/humor. And here, there's also the benefit of Hunt having been a mentor/friend/inspiration to Rudman. This is really long overdue and i'm glad to see Rudman given this chance!

And just a sidenote...while i'm discussing Rudman as a "character continuer", i have been immensely impressed with his role as Cookie Monster - until he did it, i never would have actually thought voice-wise he would make a good Cookie, but he does it so well that sometimes it can be really challenging to pick out when it is Rudman or Oz doing him...and again just like all of Erickson's continuations of Oz's characters - Rudman's Cookie is all the more successful because (a) his voice not only is a very close match but matches what Oz's voice is like _now_ as opposed to 70's or 80's and (b) it's not just the vocal match but the movement/character/humor/etc.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Janice. Normally, I'm not for the ditzy-valley-girl thing, but she plays this rather well ... and I've always had a soft spot for Nurse Janice. I just like how, at least in The Great Muppet Caper and The Muppets Take Manhattan, she gets caught saying very funny things when everyone else shuts up. :big_grin:

I can relate...

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I think one of the reasons Janice isn't annoying (as far as being a valley girl type) is that she isn't a diva. She's like, the anti-Piggy, which is rather refreshing*. She goes with the flow and while I see her as the type to be into what's hip and cool, I don't think of her as being shallow.

* = even though I love and adore Piggy! .... Please don't karate chop me, Miss Piggy! :mad:

As far as Rudman taking over as Scooter and Janice, I'm all for it! I really just want to see more of these characters.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah she's not just a Valley Girl, she's also of the Hippie Flower Child persuasion. They probably felt both of their main girls couldn't be conceited divas, that wouldn't be right (and Piggy wouldn't stand for it!).

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah she's not just a Valley Girl, she's also of the Hippie Flower Child persuasion. They probably felt both of their main girls couldn't be conceited divas, that wouldn't be right (and Piggy wouldn't stand for it!).
Yes, it is always a good things to have balance.

Nick22

Reaction score
david rudman did awesome as scooter in studio dc!