It was a sad day when Jim Henson died....

SwedishChefCook

Reaction score
It was very sad the day Jim Henson died. I remember I was 9 years old and in the 3rd grade at the time. I remember feeling almost as sad as if one of my own Family members died. One of the things I remember being really concerened about was who was what was going to happen to Kermit? What was gonna happen to Ernie? What was gonna happen to the Swedish Chef? I was wondering to myself "Does this mean they all died too?" I remember thinking Sesame Street would be cancelled, and that there would be no New Muppet movies or specials. I also wondered if they would continue the Muppets and Sesame Street without Jim's charachters, with Fozzie as the new one in charge. When I saw The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson, 6 months after Jim passed away, I thought that's exactly what they were doing as I did not see a trace of Kermit. Then at the end of the special when Kermit made his entrance, and actually spoke! I cried for joy. Sure he didn't sound the same, but he was there, and The Muppets were back! Jim left such a legacy behind, I am so glad that his relatives and friends have been able to keep The Muppets alive for all these years.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I second that motion, but perhaps just upload some clips or something. Some of the songs, or speeches. That sort of thing. I've never seen the funeral, and only recently have I seen half-way done clips of it. (It was for the ebay selling of the DVD funeral, that's why)

So yeah, a few clips would be awesome.