Is Yoda considered a Muppet?

maxdrive

Reaction score
is the caracter of yoda considered as a muppet i always wondered this because frank oz is yoda's controler and orgenal voice.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I don't consider Yoda a Muppet, just like I don't consider Jen and Kira (or the others) from The Dark Crystal, or Hoggle and Ludo (and others) from Labyrinth as Muppets. Just cause he's a puppet done by Frank (or Jim, or Jerry, or Dave, or Richard, or Steve, or Brian, or Bill, or Kevin, or any of the others) I would not say they are a Muppet. Characters from The Muppets, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, The Hoobs, Secret Life of Toys, Mopatop Shop, ect. are what I consider to be Muppets. But the realistic Sci-fi/fantasy puppets/characters I don't consider Muppets.

Deccardcayne

Reaction score
Yes, Yoda is considdered a muppet. I saw a specail on disney about Jim Henson's Creature shop about how he did "Asland" in the lion the witch and the wardrobe, and Yoda was sitting on one of the shelfs.

McFraggle

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
I don't consider Yoda a Muppet, just like I don't consider Jen and Kira (or the others) from The Dark Crystal, or Hoggle and Ludo (and others) from Labyrinth as Muppets. Just cause he's a puppet done by Frank (or Jim, or Jerry, or Dave, or Richard, or Steve, or Brian, or Bill, or Kevin, or any of the others) I would not say they are a Muppet. Characters from The Muppets, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, The Hoobs, Secret Life of Toys, Mopatop Shop, ect. are what I consider to be Muppets. But the realistic Sci-fi/fantasy puppets/characters I don't consider Muppets.
I agree, he is not a Muppet. :smile: He's awesome, but not a Muppet.

Whatever

Reaction score
Deccardcayne said:
Yes, Yoda is considdered a muppet. I saw a specail on disney about Jim Henson's Creature shop about how he did "Asland" in the lion the witch and the wardrobe, and Yoda was sitting on one of the shelfs.
You mean "Aslan." :smile:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Yeah I dunno if I'd consider him a Muppet, but he's certainly Muppet-like.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yes, Yoda is considdered a muppet. I saw a specail on disney about Jim Henson's Creature shop about how he did "Aslan" in the lion the witch and the wardrobe, and Yoda was sitting on one of the shelfs.
Are you referring to the new upcoming "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" movie coming out :smile: or previous The Chronicles of Narnia projects? :confused: :attitude:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Is Yoda a Muppet?

Yes, and no.

Yoda was performed by Frank, but then Frank has also acted in movies and that dosn't make him a Muppet, or the charcters he played in those Muppets.

Yes, Jim helped build Yoda, but then again he (his company, tha tis) helped build Babe. Is Babe a Muppet?

Yoda is not a Muppet. Yoda is a chracter created by George Lucas in Star Wars, that was performed by a Muppeteer.

Ont eh otehr hand, the Yoda in VMC, was definatly a Muppet. :wink:

So there you have it.

maxdrive

Reaction score
thanks every one for their opinon's i wonder what the muppeteers would say or the creautre workshop