Is this a teaser poster for a Muppets sequel?

Teheheman

Reaction score
I'd rather them take their time and make a good script instead of hurrying just to get another movie out. As they say "good things take time"
That's what is wrong with a lot of sequels. They rush a script, and do production on it while they're promoting the first one and don't take the time to do it right. Their point is 'Well, we wanna hold on to the audience from the first one' which is all fine and good but you don't wanna fricken lose the audience in general. If it's not good, then nobody would wanna go see it and you're just wasting your fricken money.

Daniel

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That's what is wrong with a lot of sequels. They rush a script, and do production on it while they're promoting the first one and don't take the time to do it right. Their point is 'Well, we wanna hold on to the audience from the first one' which is all fine and good but you don't wanna fricken lose the audience in general. If it's not good, then nobody would wanna go see it and you're just wasting your fricken money.

Daniel
I think that's what happened to LTS and MWOz. I do think Disney can do this faster than other Muppet projects now that their only concern is content. It seemed that before the last film that everyone was preoccupied with whether or not the characters were still relevant. That seemed to tarnish the entire process. Glad that's gone!

zoebell

Reaction score
yeah, i don't want them to be rushed either. i want it to be just as good as the last one, so whatever time they need is ok with me

the worst thing would be to have such great success with the first comeback movie, only to then come out with a mediocre sequel just 2 years later, because it was so rushed. but i think bobin and stoller really care about making it good, so i'm fairly confident that won't happen

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I have faith in James Bobin and Nick though I'm sure they will come up with something great. I'd be more concerned if it was a different director and writer.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think that's what happened to LTS and MWOz. I do think Disney can do this faster than other Muppet projects now that their only concern is content. It seemed that before the last film that everyone was preoccupied with whether or not the characters were still relevant. That seemed to tarnish the entire process. Glad that's gone!
LTS, as good a project as it was, desperately needed some extra gestation time. There are a LOT of missed opportunities in the project that would have made everything better (the ending seemed completely rushed, especially the lack of the other Muppets popping up anywhere before the closing number).

Yeah... as soon as a movie becomes an unexpected hit, the studio announces a sequel. Heck, I think after a week, they announced a sequel to Smurfs... and guessing from an actual studio picture teaser, they're going to Hangover 2 the thing and make it the same movie in a different location (@#$%!!) instead of something completely confined to the Smurf's more magical, Medieval world.

Yet, I keep seeing sequels of lops all the time as well. I thought everyone hated Underworld, and yet there's 3 of them.