Is this a Henson Creature Shop puppet on eBay?

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Awesome. I love Sir Didymus, he was probably the most amazing high tech hand puppet ever built with all those remote control facial features and stuff like that. I'm still amazed and would like to know how the Creature Shop did that. Spitting Image from what I've read wanted to do that kind to technology back in 1983 but found out it would be too expensive so they found an alternative instead. I think I remember seeing the head of Sir Didymus and Fizgig on that Movie Prop site.

ButchCat

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I think I've said this before but this is a Fraggle. The real thing. I know because I had my hand in this one back in the 80's. This was used as the young Storyteller Fraggle for the episode "Born to Wonder" in which I played both young and old Storyteller. The body hair and eyes where changed to become several different background Fraggles. All of the background Fraggles had changeable features. Including my background Fraggle Morris who became different Fraggles a few times but mostly I kept Morris as he was with Glasses and short hair.

Now how that puppet ended up from Toronto to England is beyond me. Perhaps it was one of the two Fraggles that where stolen a few weeks before we had wrapped for good. The other was an orange Fraggle named Herkimer Fraggle from the episode "The Riddle Of Rhyming Rock" Another episode that I played both Young and old Storyteller Fraggle.

It looks like the puppet has held up pretty good after all these years. Take care all,

Terry Angus

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Hi Terry, I've think I've heard your name before. It's an honor to be chatting with you on the forum. I remember noticing that some Muppeteers hang out here with us fans. It's Really cool. :smile:

Didn't Richard Hunt originally perform The Storyteller Fraggle? I remember the episode with Sir Blunderbrain. One of my favorites. I still need to see more Fraggle Rock. I'm surprised there was Fraggles that got stolen on the set. I've heard someone similar happened when the show Greg the Bunny ended. I never knew there was Fraggles with changeable faces, kind of like Whatnots in a way.
Plus there was background characters from Fraggle Rock that ended up getting recycled for Muppet Movies, Mopatop Shop and Muppets Tonight.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hey terry. I don't think anyone is disputing if this Fraggle is real. They are confused if the dog puppet on eBay which you can view by clicking the lnk in the thread at the top of this page is a real Henson puppet??

Hope you are well.

Chris

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Right, I'm not sure if it's something from Henson Alternative or something like that.

beaker

Reaction score
Yay! Terry is still on here.

Also I have definitely seen authentic Muppet/Jim Henson related puppets and props on ebay in the 16 years I've been on there. Always though, way out of my price range. Heck the darn original Electric Mayhem bus was on ebay.

Slackbot

Reaction score
All of the background Fraggles had changeable features. Including my background Fraggle Morris who became different Fraggles a few times but mostly I kept Morris as he was with Glasses and short hair.
Thanks for shedding some light on this, Terry. I never knew that Fraggles were so Whatnot-ish. It makes sense when you look at it from a budgetary point of view, though. I have only spotted one repurposing before: the little yellow Fraggle at the beginning of season 1 who got new eyes and became Marlon. And, now that I think about it, there's a Fraggle in the background when Gobo sings the Glory Song in The Day The Music Died who looks like Sidebottom. It might have been him after all!