Is there a CD version of TGMC's Soundtrack?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It was a much bigger run than that, thousands were produced. The CD was in stores all over the country. It wasn't that hard to find at the time of release. It's just that not a lot of folks want to part with their copy once they get one.
I remember that when it was available I only saw a copy once, when I was on vacation at Walt Disney World (at the gift shop near Muppet Vision 3D). Can't remember if it was cassetes, CDs, or both. But otherwise this and the Muppet Babies: Rocket to the Stars albums were the only wide (I.E., non-promotional) Jim Henson Records releases I don't remember seeing in stores.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
It was a much bigger run than that, thousands were produced. The CD was in stores all over the country. It wasn't that hard to find at the time of release. It's just that not a lot of folks want to part with their copy once they get one.
I'm aware of that. I said less than 200 copies were sold, not released. Jim Henson Records' releases were certainly released everywhere, it just seems they didn't sell a lot at all.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm aware of that. I said less than 200 copies were sold, not released. Jim Henson Records' releases were certainly released everywhere, it just seems they didn't sell a lot at all.
The Jim Henson Records page at Muppet Wiki has a bit of information regarding the deal with BMG Kidz! Apparrently they weren't promoted well enough, and BMG decided to get out of releasing kids albums before their contract with Henson expired.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Even the crummiest CD sells more than 200 copies. Where is that number coming from? I remember the CDs being prominently displayed in several music stores for a year. I'm very confused. :confused:

tiggergirl19

Reaction score
I'd love it if Disney would rerelease all of the classic muppet albums, because I know that the only muppet music thing that I have is The Muppet Show: Music, Mayhem, and More! - The 25th Anniversary Collection,which I found on amazon.com. Here's the link for my muppet muppet music
http://www.amazon.com/Muppet-Show-M...1_13?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285637249&sr=8-13

I don't know if they have anymore, but that's a start. It has Rainbow Connection, Bein' Green, The opening and Closing themes to the muppet show, and others. :smile: :flirt: :halo: Enoy and Peace muppet lovers