Is Mildred Zoot's mother?

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I remember hearing the last bit of the At The Dance gag but never analyzed it that way. I'd have to see it again sometime. Speaking of Mildred and George, were they a short lived couple? The only time they were together was the early At The Dance spots. Perhaps Mildred dumped George because he still had a thing for his mop. lol
There was several performers for Mildred right? Correct me if I'm wrong on this but Mildred and George, that's Frank Oz right? And sometimes it was Richard Hunt at the "Intellectual Discussion" sketches (Wow, so many regular sketches from season 1 that didn't see the light of day in season 2 eh? lol)
Last time I seen Mildred was the opening of Muppets Tonight. And the funny thing about George is he doesn't even sound like a Frank Oz voice, all the others you can tell it's Frank of George, the voice isn't as recognizable. Well until his appearance in The Muppet Christmas Carol of course. lol I'm not sure if he was still George or he was just used as a stock character but still, that's Frank. And speaking of Muppets Tonight, that was the last time I've seen George too. He was used a lot in season one, he sung with Dr. Strangepork in the Peter Sellers episode then got replaced by Beauregard. But anyway back to the original discussion, yeah that's funny. I never noticed it that way before. I know I probably seen the gag several times because I remember the last line but never noticed they were looking at Zoot. lol Very interesting.

I know that Zelda Rose is the mother of Dr. Phil Van Neuter. But I think it was edited out of the US released episodes because like The Muppet Show, there was 5 or 10 minutes edited out and the other English speaking countries the footage is left in. The UK Spots are the nickname for them yet Muppet Tonight, that was either taped in California or Toronto.

Animal'sBunny

Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed that too, but I think it was just part of the skit. I think Mildred's older than Zoot, but not THAT much older.