Is Frank a sellout?

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
The reason was because he wanted too! He wanted to explore new mediums and get a little better known. As he says in "Of Muppets and Men"
"...it's good sometimes when you go to the supermarket and get some beans and nobody will notice you, but when you want to be noticed when getting some beans, well that's a different story..."

It was something on the lines of that but you have to respect that, Jim knew Frank had a thing for film making, heck, Frank even directed movies while Jim was still alive and Jim had no problem. Frank was following his dream like Jim was. So stop complaining and be happy that we even still have someone performing Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Animal, Grover, Cookie Monster, Bert, and Sam the Eagle! Sheesh!

Yeah, I agree.

David French

Reaction score
Ruahnna said:
I'm not a Doctor Who fan myself, but one of my good friends is a rabid Dr. Who fan, and he said that when one of the actors who played the arch villian died (from cancer, I think), then the actor who played Dr. Who did not want to continue in the role because it was very sad. A new incarnation of Dr. Who was born with a new actor, who brought his own uniqueness to the mix.
Hijacking this thread briefly, but the actor in question was (as Skeeter Muppet pointed out) Roger Delgado who played the role of the Master between 1971 and 1973/4. Delgado was tragically killed in a car accident while in Turkey; he was due to work on a film there and the car that was to take him to the location was speeding and went over a ravine. One of the reasons Jon Pertwee, who was the Doctor at the time, left the series was indeed due to Delgado's tragic death. Delgado himself was actually going to do one last story as the Master but his death meant that never happened.