Interview with Bill Barretta

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I had the unprecedented honor of interviewing one of my icons: Bill Barretta. Bill was kind enough to answer a ton of my obsessed Muppet fa questions--so many that it wound up being a three part interview! We talk about everything from Muppets Tonight! and "Bohemian Rhapsody" to Sesame Street and recent appearances on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, AFV, and more! Be sure to check it out!

http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/2010/01/interview-with-muppeteer-bill-barretta.html

Luke

Reaction score
Amazing interview and really funny, can't wait to hear about Topo Sticky lol

dwmckim

Reaction score
I was really pleased reading Bill's praise of the original MDA Telethon Johnny/Sal performance of Bohemian Rhapsody! That has got to rank as one of the all time funniest Muppet musical numbers and in my mind was truly legendary! One of the coolest thing about it was there was no need for fancy props or special effects - all the humor came solely from the writing and the performance (by which i mean every aspect of executing the performance; things like the staging/choreography as well as the Muppeteering). It was a brilliant showcase of Baretta/Henson's talent!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I can't wait to see what he says about Rowlf and Rd. Theeth!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
"I like life...it's a good cereal, okay. Especially with the cinnamons." :rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
After reading this article, I actually checked out MFS to see if that was true... turns out Jefferey DOES start to smirk and lose face a split second before the cut to a different angle.

Oh, and I SO gotta check out that Fiama Brothers thing later.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I watched The Last Swing (the Fiama Brothers movie) last night. It's hilarious! And there's a sequel: The Fiama Brothers Play Fargo. It's all about the Fiama Brothers preparing for a performance of Fiddler on the Roof. "If I was dat rich guy..."

Funny stuff!

Best bit from The Last Swing: Johnny and Frankie driving around lost.

"Ask her where it is."
"What if she's on the way to the show? How's that gonna look?"