Increase in Commercial Television Puppetry

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Lately, I've been thinking with so many commercials utilizing puppets these days, maybe I do look into doing commercials... after all, commercials worked well for Jim in his early days: Wilkins and Wantkins, the LaChoy Dragon, etc.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score

Drtooth

Reaction score
It needed more Puppet Chang. Would have been a better episode with it.

And if they had a Puppet Troy and Abed in the Morning instead of that lame blooper reel.

I absolutely loved Puppet Abed. Looked like some freaky love child of Guy Smiley and Beaker. Troy looked like Cousin Skeeter. Think they used the same shape of nose.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just saw a commercial, it was either a bank commercial or an insurance commercial that featured a guy and his puppet doppelganger, I'm trying to find it on YouTube.

I wonder if JHC was involved with this one, because the puppet looked very much like a Muppet (and his voice sounded familiar as well, but I couldn't place it).

It was clearly a combination of traditional puppetry and CGI, because the arm rods were clearly visible throughout, but the puppet's eyebrows were obviously digitally manipulated.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I found the commercial I was talking about... and apparently, the puppet appears in others as well:

They're funny, but I'm still not a fan of always relying on chromakey for full-bodied effects.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Sonic (The fast food company, not the Hedgehog) recently had a commercial featuring muppet-like puppets, and I just saw it a few minutes ago, but can't find it anywhere at the moment, but when I find it I'll post it as soon as I can.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I check Sonic's channel on YouTube, they don't seem to have anything with puppets in it at the moment.