In Search of Bernice: A Proposed Sesame Street Special

Muppets02

Reaction score
I recently discovered on Muppet Wiki, and from a press release from Sesame Workshop, that there was a proposed Sesame Street special that was intended to be produced with the involvement of National Geographic, and written by Tony Geiss, called In Search of Bernice. It apparently would have focused on Bert and Ernie as they travel around the world to try to find Bernice, when she seemingly goes missing. This special was announced back during 2004, and was potentially considered to be released during the fourth quarter of 2005, followed by a home video release.
I definitely would have been interested in seeing this special if it got made, especially as it would have come out during the 2000s, which were my main years of watching the show. That being said, I understand that sometimes certain productions are not meant to happen, due to a variety of reasons.
In Search of Bernice | Muppet Wiki | Fandom
Sesame Workshop - Press Room (archive.org)

Last edited:

GizmoAkimbo

Reaction score
That sounds like it honestly would have been a great special to watch, just the concept itself is a cool enough idea! Sad it never made it through production, but I guess things like that tend to happen behind the scenes.