Important Guests

D

Dil

As far as I know, these are a list of Guest Stars from The Muppet Show that seem to be important:

Paul Williams
Candice Bergen
Julie Andrews
Bob Hope
Harry Belafonte
John Denver

Can you list some more guests that seem to be important?

Barry Lee

Reaction score
What do you mean by "important"? I believe all guests were "Important." :smirk:

D

Dil

What I mean by "important" is the guests who worked several times with The Muppets.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I see even though no guest ever appeared on the actual show twice some of them like John Denver did appear in other productions related to the muppets.

Though it is particularly curious that Dudley Moore who guest starred in season 4 was one of the two guest stars on the Muppets go to the Movies or whatever it was called. That was technically like an hour-length Muppet Show with a special theme revolving around classic Hollywood movies.

Do you suppose Dudley Moore could be called the only guest to appear twice on TMS by technical default:wink:

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Steve Martin was in the one movie, and I believe he worked on Saturday night Live with them once. So I guess he could be classified as important. He was certainly famous at the time.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Well Julie Andrews was on alot and had the muppets on three or four of her specials.

BEAR

Reaction score
I thought you meant "important" like the some of the guest stars had a very special and unique personal relationship with Henson outside of the Muppets. John Denver was certainly one of those which is probably why he has done so many projects with the Muppets. Harry Belafonte and Julie Andrews and Candice Bergen were also.

balana

Reaction score
Heh, I took it to mean stars who maybe participated more in the show than others, or that one or more of the Muppets made a big deal out of. I haven't seen a whole lot of the episodes lately, but I know Piggy made a big deal out of Christopher Reeve's appearance, and he was in most of the sketches on the show. I don't remember him doing much else with the Muppets, though I know he was on Sesame Street sometime in recent years. Elton John's another guest who I never remember doing anything else with the Muppets, but he seemed to have quite a bit of airtime with 3 1/2 songs (one of them he sang a little bit of in his dressing room, but I forget which one at the moment). Though maybe Chris and Elton were just good examples of guests having more fun with their appearances vs. having much of a relationship with Jim or any of the other performers.