Imagine

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Um... To clarify/answer.
1 No, I don't believe the Muppets ever sang or performed a cover of John Lennon's "Imagine".
2 The Muppets didn't exactly ask or attempt to get the Beatles' individual members to appear on the show.
What happened, and I can say this because I've heard the intro for it on MC Radio, is (from the Season 5 episode guest starring Hal Lyndon), Statler and Waldorf take over presenting an episode of the Muppet Show. The act Statler is presenting at the moment are two British Chaps who go on to sing "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da". Statler says they had asked the Beatles to come on the show to sing it themselves, but still hadn't heard from them by showtime. Waldorf then comes rushing in and tells Statler to wait, which prompts the following dialogue:
Waldorf: I just heard from Ringo!
Statler: What they'd say?
Waldorf: No.

Hope this helps.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Um... To clarify/answer.
1 No, I don't believe the Muppets ever sang or performed a cover of John Lennon's "Imagine".
2 The Muppets didn't exactly ask or attempt to get the Beatles' individual members to appear on the show.
What happened, and I can say this because I've heard the intro for it on MC Radio, is (from the Season 5 episode guest starring Hal Lyndon), Statler and Waldorf take over presenting an episode of the Muppet Show. The act Statler is presenting at the moment are two British Chaps who go on to sing "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da". Statler says they had asked the Beatles to come on the show to sing it themselves, but still hadn't heard from them by showtime. Waldorf then comes rushing in and tells Statler to wait, which prompts the following dialogue:
Waldorf: I just heard from Ringo!
Statler: What they'd say?
Waldorf: No.

Hope this helps.
Haha, I love that one. I have the mp3 if anyone wants it :smile: