If you could ask...

Collgoff

Reaction score
I would ask Jim Henson many stuff but I don't know where to start!

Hubert

Reaction score
First off, I would thank Jim for the many hours of entertainment he gave us.

Then, I would have to ask him who was the performer of Astoria in the Dizzy Gillespie episode of the Muppet Show.

Nasubionna

Reaction score
After crying like a baby and hugging him for about 3 hours nonstop, I would say "thanks", and then probably ask him a bit more about his personal spiritual/life philosophy. I've always been envious of and amazed by Jim's apparent optimism and belief in other people. I struggle with pessimism, cynicism, depression and misanthropic tendencies, and while Jim certainly had his dark days, on the whole he came across as just generally so positive and hopeful, with a great faith in other people. Sounds like a great way to be, and I wish I was better at it.

Borples

Reaction score
I completely agree with the crying like a baby part. That's pretty much a given. And then I'd like to know if he understands just how much he and his creations mean to so many people. He brought so much love into the world, and I've always hoped that he knew that before he died, and that he knows it now. I was thinking about that during the run-up to the movie last year. The way grown up, professional people would either dissolve into delighted giggles, or get teary and shaky when they met Kermit. All of the wonderful things said in the press about the Muppets' place in our culture. Jim ought to be in on all of that, and I'd like to ask him, just to make sure he is.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I don't think there could ever be enough words to what Jim Henson has meant to me. I can tell you my childhood would be very gloomy.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
First, I would thank him for creating so many lovable characters for each of his projects. I think I would ask him what was his favorite project to work on? I wonder if he had a least favorite character? We all know who his favorite is! :smile:

mo

Reaction score
I'm still waiting to meet jim when I do I'm going to ask him what he thinks of disney,whoopi goldberg and apple sause :smile::jim:

Vincent L

Reaction score
I'll ask him how many hours his hand is in Kermit's body.

Reactions: mo

GonzoMan

Reaction score
First off, I would thank Jim for the many hours of entertainment he gave us.

Then, I would have to ask him who was the performer of Astoria in the Dizzy Gillespie episode of the Muppet Show.
That's the same thing I would ask him, too. After all, since he was Waldorf in that episode of the Muppet Show, you'd think he would've known who was performing Astoria. I'm still wondering about that. I personally think it's Bob Payne, since Astoria sounds like other characters he did on Sesame Street.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I would ask him what kind of creature that weird Chopped Liver Muppet from the Alice Cooper episode of TMS is supposed to be. I've always assumed he was an alien because of his Pigs in Space cameos but considering he was in The Vile Bunch with a bunch other monsters in the Welcome To My Nightmare, Once a Year Day, and School's Out sketches of the Alice Cooper episode makes me wonder whether he is supposed to be a monster, alien, object, or better yet his own thing.