If they could sing now...

bandit

Reaction score
*lol* Okaaaaay.....Soooo...this would be the part where you would give that link to me so I could go check out your masterpiece.

Though I'm gonna have to do that just a little later because I've got to take care of a couple of things offline for a bit. But....I shall return! And when I do....I'll definitely read that for you.

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
I don't know how to do a link but just search everybody has a song first and three seperate journeys next, I'm signing off, so see you!

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
You know, Bandit, you brought up Tegan and Sara earlier and you really got me thinking that a lot of their songs have a bit of a Fragglish quality about them :excited: Maybe because their lyrics are usually simple but pointed, and their melodies are INFECTIOUS!

I could see all of 'em singin' this by one of my faves, Tilly and the Wall, a la "The Rock Goes On":

Be a nice group number, dontcha think? :big_grin:

bandit

Reaction score
Ooo! Plaid! What excellent taste in music you have. Most people scratch their heads when I mention Tegan and Sara. "Who!?" THE WONDER twins, darn you!
Anyway, I like this song! This has a real synthpoppy sound to it but I can feel the spunk emanating from it. I could see if they rearranged this a little and upped the energy level to Fragglish degrees, YES! After all, a Fraggle sing along just isn't a sing along until you hear a few dozen WOOHOO'S, WHOOPIES and muppets get hurled haphazzardly into the air in the background. That's what it's all about!
(This song reminds me of if Little Boots and Ladytron merged for a piece.)

bandit

Reaction score
Also, what you said abot T&S is interesting because I've always felt the same way. T&S music is very direct and almost stripped down in a sense. Now, the Con and Sainthood especially are begin to show a slight departure from their indie roots. Sainthood in paritcular has a more experimental sound and feel and they toy around with different mediums. I've been saying for a while that Sainthood is probably their 'bridge album' between the Con and whatever the next evolution of T&S will be. Buuuuut I digress (I digress easily, especially when discussing music because I have a PASSION for music!)

While we're on the subject of the 'wonder twins' how about Speak Slow or Floorplan? Maybe some of their earlier stuff works better but with a stretch of the imagination,it might work.
The thing about a lot of these songs that could work is that themes may be a bit more mature and adult than would be highlighted on the show. These are concepts that, perhaps would not be geared towards that particular age group....STILL, the general feel and energy is right. I could see with some tweaking, a lot of these types of songs working for Fraggle Rock.

Here's a fun one to imagine them all singing!

OR

Bwahahahahah! I love it!

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
[a lot of stuff that is super spot on about T&S, and then eventually...]
Bwahahahahah! I love it!
Yes. Just yes!

I NEVER heard that Missing Persons jazz before. What an awesomely hot mess! The lead singer's voice is SO Red, ha! :excited: She's got all the right squeaks and kind of a...rounded(?) quality to her voice, as well as the range.

bandit

Reaction score
Thats funny! WHen I posted this, I originally thought of Wembly but the aggression is definitely Red. Still, Steve Whitmire has such a great range that I can see him pulling something like this off.
Then it his me this morning as I was reading your post....COTTERPIN! Of course! She's a go-getter like Red but talk about a squeaky voice! Kathryn Mullen has the ability to squeak out to a ridiculous pitch.
Anyway, YES! Missing Person's is some kind of 80's deliciousness I can't quite put a finger on. 'Hot Mess' sounds about right. Hahaha! I will never forget the first time I heard this song. My friend and I were swimming and had the radio on and....the music starts up with that intense little guitar....and then the singing and the squeak came on and I about died mid lap. It was too ridiculous!

If you think THAT is a laugh riot, just wait! I've got some others.

THIS is a better known song with a hilariously laughable video. I don't know that any of our Fraggle 5 singing it but maybe a villain....A la Singing Cactus or Wander McMooch, maybe.

Laugh! Go ahead. I think his dance makes him look like one of those wacky, waving inflatable, flailing arm tube man....but I love the song.
Now doesn't this SCREAM 'BAD GUY' Come under my bizarre Culture-Clubbish thrall!