If the order was reversed...

Princeton

Reaction score
I posted this in the Muppet Haunted Mansion thread and didn't get much response. In retrospect I realized that that thread was the wrong place to post it. What I'm referring to is my theory that MTI turned out the way it did because it was the follow-up to MCC which they felt stifled their creativity and thus MTI was their opportunity to be uninhibited by the way they made their movies. Because of that MTI reeks of effort where MCC is as good as it is because all the choices were made organically. I'm saying MTI is full of what they want to do but they don't actually do it thoroughly because they were concentrating so hard on it. So my question is would MTI have felt more organic/effortless if it was made before MCC?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Hard to tell honestly, one thing that hindered MTI was that Frank Oz wasn't around much to perform his characters and his vocals were just looped in later. Pretty sure MCC didn't have that issue.

Princeton

Reaction score
Hard to tell honestly, one thing that hindered MTI was that Frank Oz wasn't around much to perform his characters and his vocals were just looped in later. Pretty sure MCC didn't have that issue.
Good point, tho I think we can all agree that the looping was less obvious than in MFS.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, I just don't understand all of the hate MTI has been getting in recent years, because I love it, I feel like it was the last "great" of the theatrical Muppet movies - I really can't think of too many flaws with it at all.

Princeton

Reaction score
Again, I just don't understand all of the hate MTI has been getting in recent years, because I love it, I feel like it was the last "great" of the theatrical Muppet movies - I really can't think of too many flaws with it at all.
I'm not saying it's flawed either. It's just so obvious to me the potential it had that feels like it was hindered by being the follow-up to MCC.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Muppet Treasure Island gets hate now? It’s still by far my favorite Muppet movie lol. Perfect just the way it is

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I think it's a good movie but also pretty uneven overall. I definitely enjoy it more than MCC because MTI feels more like a muppet adaption of Treasure Island whereas Christmas Carol feels like a Christmas Carol adaptation featuring the muppets.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
whereas Christmas Carol feels like a Christmas Carol adaptation featuring the muppets.
On the othe hand, it's for that very reason that MCC is often praised for being one of the most faithful and true-to-the-book adaptations of A CHRISTMAS CAROL there is.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Muppet Treasure Island seems to be getting more love this year, Disney has acknowledged the 25th anniversary (and yet they haven't really done anything to celebrate the current 10-year anniversary of the 2011 film).

Princeton

Reaction score
Muppet Treasure Island seems to be getting more love this year, Disney has acknowledged the 25th anniversary (and yet they haven't really done anything to celebrate the current 10-year anniversary of the 2011 film).
How has Disney acknowledged the MTI anniversary? All I saw was a short excerpt of a zoom reunion with Bill, Brian and Kevin Bishop. And with TM11, what's to celebrate? The introduction of the most irritating Muppet character since Scred? The cavalier way they deal with Rowlf? The resolution of the main conflict during the end credits?