if Muppets Tonight had succedded...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If Muppets tonight had been more successful, what do you think would have happened?

I think that seymour, Nigel the director, and carl would still be around, but Mr. Poodlepants, Bill the Bubble Guy, and Gary Chuenga would be phased out. I think something similar would have happened with Andy and Randy pig. they might have either appeared less, like george the janitor and mildred did, or they would have been gone completely.

I also think that the Muppets Tonigth band would have been given more of a personality. If not regular backstage interaction, I think the band would have been given a specific name, and they would have at least had some numbers of their own, as opposed to just playing background music (the electric mayhem could have easily done that).

If it was still on TV, I think that Eric Jacopson would have still taken over frank oz's characters. I also think that Kevin Clash would have been given a few more characters.

What do you think?

:rolleyes:

That Announcer

Reaction score
Well, if MT had kept up, Bobo would probably still have speaking roles in Muppet films. I love that bear. Grrr...

Andy and Randy would probably be gone the way of the Bobo (heh), and Kevin would be given a MUCH bigger presence in the Muppet company. Of the "new ones" that would have succeeded, Clifford would have bigger roles now and most of the others would be out.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Bill the Bubble guy completely pwns, no matter what anyone says.

They probably would have been able to find a balance between the characters that worked, and the characters that didn't. It just wasn't given enough of a chance. But I have to say, I completely LOVE Bobo, Johnny and Sal. They were great characters! Oh, and Pepe too.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
Well, if MT had kept up, Bobo would probably still have speaking roles in Muppet films. I love that bear. Grrr...

Andy and Randy would probably be gone the way of the Bobo (heh), and Kevin would be given a MUCH bigger presence in the Muppet company. Of the "new ones" that would have succeeded, Clifford would have bigger roles now and most of the others would be out.
Bobo and Clifford both still make appearances from time to time. Clifford just didn't appear in it's a very merry muppet christmas movie (except for in a picture), and bobo just didn't appear in The Muppets Wizard of Oz. They also don't appear in smaller muppet productions like the Mastercard commerical, the Pizza Hut commercials or talk show appearances. I am sure that at least one fo them (if not both) will appear in either the upcoming Kermit The frog Roast or/ and the upcoming Christmas special. They were both in the muppet party cruise game.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Good question. What would happen if Muppets Tonight stayed around? I personally don't know.

But I think given feedback from the fans, I think more classic characters would have appeard more. I remember watching the Garth Brooks episode and he did a song and Rowlf was on the piano and started to mumble a little bit. I wasn't keeping my eye on Brooks nor following the song, I was just watching Rowlf play the paino and thinking that it was great seeing him back. I think more of the Electric Mayhem would have appeard more. I just can't see having Animal on the show while the rest of the band were nowhere to be seen.

Now that doesn't mean that newer characters would have disappeard. I think Pepe and Seymore would have stayed around, along with Clifford since he was the host, Johnny and Sal and also Bobo would have stayed. But as for Mr. Poodlepants, Bill the Bubble Guy, and others, they probably would have faded out, which they pretty much are gone by today.

ryan

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems like we all agree and disagree on what would have happened.

One thing that most of us have said that i didn't mention was the fact that most of the characters who have been used since the show ended (clifford, pepe, bobo, johnny fiama, sal, and to a lesser extent dr. phil van neuter and zippety zap) would still be used, although I think some of them might have had different popularity.

Clifford: I think he would have been one of the muppets that searched for gonzo in Muppets From Space, and i think that he would have continued to not wear his sunglasses.

Pepe: If seymour were still around, I doubt that pepe would be part of the main cast. If it was up to me, and I had to choose between keeping seymour and pepe as a team but not having pepe become mre popular, or having pepe become more popular but leaving seymour behind, I would have chosen for pepe to be less popular. I like pepe, but I like Seymour better.

Bobo: I think his popularity would be the same as it is now.

Johnny Fiama: If it weren't for pepe being so popular, I think Johnny Fiama would have become Bill Barrettas main character, and I think he would have had a bigger part in Muppets From Space.

Sal: Like Johnny, I think sal would have had a bigger part in Muppets From Space, and I don't think Palisades would have trouble getting a sal figure released.

Dr. Phil Van Neuter: I think he would be used just as much as Lew Zeland, Beauregard and Link Hogthrob were on The Muppet Show. I think Mulch would be used more too.

Zippety Zap: I think his popularity would stay the same. he has appeared in every muppet movie (except Kermits Swamp Years) since muppets tonight, but he didn't have any lines in any of those. I think he would have continued to have the occasional line but would be seen as often as crazy harry or Annie Sue Pig were.

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
It seems like we all agree and disagree on what would have happened.

One thing that most of us have said that i didn't mention was the fact that most of the characters who have been used since the show ended (clifford, pepe, bobo, johnny fiama, sal, and to a lesser extent dr. phil van neuter and zippety zap) would still be used, although I think some of them might have had different popularity.

Clifford: I think he would have been one of the muppets that searched for gonzo in Muppets From Space, and i think that he would have continued to not wear his sunglasses.

Pepe: If seymour were still around, I doubt that pepe would be part of the main cast. If it was up to me, and I had to choose between keeping seymour and pepe as a team but not having pepe become mre popular, or having pepe become more popular but leaving seymour behind, I would have chosen for pepe to be less popular. I like pepe, but I like Seymour better.

Bobo: I think his popularity would be the same as it is now.

Johnny Fiama: If it weren't for pepe being so popular, I think Johnny Fiama would have become Bill Barrettas main character, and I think he would have had a bigger part in Muppets From Space.

Sal: Like Johnny, I think sal would have had a bigger part in Muppets From Space, and I don't think Palisades would have trouble getting a sal figure released.

Dr. Phil Van Neuter: I think he would be used just as much as Lew Zeland, Beauregard and Link Hogthrob were on The Muppet Show. I think Mulch would be used more too.

Zippety Zap: I think his popularity would stay the same. he has appeared in every muppet movie (except Kermits Swamp Years) since muppets tonight, but he didn't have any lines in any of those. I think he would have continued to have the occasional line but would be seen as often as crazy harry or Annie Sue Pig were.
Who is Zippety Zap? Was he in Muppet's Oz?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Who is Zippety Zap? Was he in Muppet's Oz?
Zippety Zap was a green muppet who kinda looked like a frog. he was performed by Bill barretta, although I think his voice sounded more like a kevin clash or jerry nelson voice. he wore a white shirt, a butto-up shirt over it (i think it had an orange color), sunglasses, and a hat. If you have seen the sandra Bullock episode, he is the muppet who had an episode of seinfield, which got mixed with an episode of muppet babies, which was combined into seinfield babies. Or if you have seen the episode with the Artist Formerly known as prince, he is the guy who kept holding up a sing with princes symbol and said "EH" whenever clifford was supposed to say his name in his introduction for Muppet Hoo haw.

In The Muppets Wizard of Oz, he can be seen at poppyfields as the gang enters. In Muppets from Space he could be seen in the line for the bathroom. In it's a very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, he was in the audience during the meeting.