"Lamest."
"Lamestest."
"Lamest times infinity"
"Am not."
"Are too"
"Your Mom"
"Your FACE."
"Your MOM'S FACE."
*that weird siren sound every child under the age of boring will do when they notice anyone but them getting in trouble*

Nick22

Reaction score
I fear I've failed the Insult-U. I only ever got as far as third grade:

"You're lame."
"You're lamer."
"Lamest."
"Lamestest."
"Lamest times infinity"
"Am not."
"Are too"
"Your Mom"
"Your FACE."
"Your MOM'S FACE."
*that weird siren sound every child under the age of boring will do when they notice anyone but them getting in trouble*

hahaha. nice insult book. i try my best not to insult people unles i am extremely angry or annoyed with the person. and that happens often with several people i know.....hahahaha

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why is it that I never notice this drama? It's like pre-visible Snuffy. It leaves before I enter the room. :embarrassed:
Sometimes I wonder if you probably like to take a "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" perspective.

:confused:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if you probably like to take a "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" perspective.

:confused:
Not at all. I just don't see most of this drama you speak of other than the complaints of drama. That's drama in itself, I suppose. :confused:

MC isn't a perfect community, but it's much more tame than it was between 1999 and 2003. Much!

Nick22

Reaction score
Not at all. I just don't see most of this drama you speak of other than the complaints of drama. That's drama in itself, I suppose. :confused:
yes. it IS drama in itself. TRUST me. take from someone who's in middle school with a best friends who's a girl. complaining about non-existent drama CAUSES drama.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
yes. it IS drama in itself. TRUST me. take from someone who's in middle school with a best friends who's a girl. complaining about non-existent drama CAUSES drama.
Hehe, Talking about drama creates drama...the only thing freakier is if it happened in drama class. :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah...finally me too (kinda)

Frog, how I dislike this thread and I'm going to keep posting here, but probably a lot less... :sympathy:

The truth is that Muppet Central has fallen short as a content-driven site for quite some time and none of my efforts have been able to revive it. I'm still technically a staff member here and I created many of the graphics, smilies and the flash interactivity of Muppet Central over the years, but there's nothing new in the works and that makes me sad. I give Phillip and the staff credit for keeping this site going so long, however it’s been dying on the vine for quite a while. I'd have loved to provide things like my Pepe tutorial and interactive E-Cards here. Neither these nor other members' proposed contributions gained any momentum so I'm withdrawing the offer for such time-consuming treats because I now feel disconnected to this advertisement-centered site and forum. MC will always have the fun menus (check out the Christmas ones up now) and all the other goodies submitted over the years. I'll probably contribute more to the Muppet Mindset and Tough Pigs if and when they’ll have me. Both have been consistently stellar in both content and reputation for quite a while and I check them before coming here.

I’ve been at MC for over a decade and many longtime friends here have too. I also adore the moderating staff here! I was one of them once and can appreciate their plight! Much of the forum has been left to younger, high-spirited fans these days and I just can't relate. I'm known for defending this forum's diversity, but Muppet Central no longer feels like a shared experience.

I enjoy reading posts that respectfully compare and contrast different points of view both positive and negative. That’s become increasingly more difficult at Muppet Central where disliking a project is now perceived as an incorrect personal attack rather than a stated matter of personal taste. There are also bizarre personal battles between members behind the scenes. I know little about them and really don’t want to. Every forum has its more passionate members, yet they’ve now taken over too much of Muppet Central. I'm really not trying to rag on this place. It simply hasn't maintained the relevance it once had for me.

Again, I'll still be around here - quite a bit. Just less than before. I'm over 9,000 posts for frog's sake, and that doesn't factor in the pre-2002 delphi days! I like talking Muppets and exploring all kinds of diversity. I left here once before for a couple of years and it didn't impact my life much except for particular communications with several dear friends. Now there's Facebook for those folk. This link should take you directly to my James V Carroll profile and if you mention you're from Muppet Central I'll friend you!

To be clear, I’m not leaving. I just plan to withdraw a bit and we’ll see how that goes. My living is made on my computer so I’ll still be around if you need me.

Peace, love and Kermits always! :smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Yeah, I find myself commenting on something like the new movie, but as far as games and fics and stuff ... just not feeling it anymore. When it comes to feel like having conversations is like pulling teeth, I guess it's time to find something else to do. I might get a conversation after a post like this, but it only lasts a couple of times and then it's back to being a nobody again. I would initiate conversations more, but my entire life is filled with examples of me doing most of the participation without much return for my investment, so there is a valid psychological explanation why I just don't fight for it much anymore as I get older. Here I am, at least on FB. I'm not leaving either, but the Muppety muse has basically left the building.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I agree. Its like no one really cares any more.I see the same 5 people posting all the time, and hardly any new threads popping up. I'm not really sure whats happened. I think a lot of the old time members have just moved on to better(?) things. We get a bunch of new members but it seems like none of them post past the introduction thread. If people would stick around, I think it might be better than the current state, but that would need a miracle

Anyway, if anyone likes pokemon, I suggest joining gpxplus.net. Their forums are pretty active. If anyone cares, I'm here. Its the only other forum I'm active on

Nick22

Reaction score
i've only been on MC for two years, but i can even tell that stuff is just weird. everyone gets all defensive when their opinion isn't agreed with and i used to be so excited to come on MC and check new posts, but now it feels like more of a chore...