I won't be posting anymore...

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Know what REALLY makes me mad? The title of this thread says "I won't be posting anymore ." MAKE UP YOUR EVER LOVING MINDS!! Is this a ploy for attention?? If you won't be posting anymore then that's IT! ZIP! ZERO! NO MORE POSTING!! Exit stage whatever direction! But if you're just taking a break from posting , then don't say "I won't be posting more " Just either :
a) I' m taking a break
b) let a friend know
c) leave quietly
Enough w/the "I'm not posting anymore" & coming back
(Anyone that sends me a PM gets the PM deleted)
Have you seen a therapist lately?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One the one hand, yes, Jerry did actually do just that: he announced he was just taking a break, and he did let privileged few know when, exactly, he would be returning from his break . . . not to mention, this was definitely one of his longer breaks, even de-activating all of his social media accounts as well.

On the other hand, yes, MC has had a history of certain members making a big deal out of leaving, and then making a big spectacle out of their return, even if their absence hadn't been that long (Kimp the Shrimp was notorious for this back in the day, and more recently, a certain member named for a iconic video game character).

But let's face it - there's also been occasions in the past where members would take a break from MC without saying anything, which would result in threads being started by other members acting like they were filing a forum-wide missing persons case, with posts like, "SO-AND-SO, WHERE ARE YOU?", "SO-AND-SON, WE MISS YOU!", "SO-AND-SO, PLEASE COME HOME!" (Yes, somebody even did a thread like this for me once when I took an unannounced break from the forum waaaaaaay back when - it was a little embarrassing).

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
One the one hand, yes, Jerry did actually do just that: he announced he was just taking a break, and he did let privileged few know when, exactly, he would be returning from his break . . . not to mention, this was definitely one of his longer breaks, even de-activating all of his social media accounts as well.

On the other hand, yes, MC has had a history of certain members making a big deal out of leaving, and then making a big spectacle out of their return, even if their absence hadn't been that long (Kimp the Shrimp was notorious for this back in the day, and more recently, a certain member named for a iconic video game character).

But let's face it - there's also been occasions in the past where members would take a break from MC without saying anything, which would result in threads being started by other members acting like they were filing a forum-wide missing persons case, with posts like, "SO-AND-SO, WHERE ARE YOU?", "SO-AND-SON, WE MISS YOU!", "SO-AND-SO, PLEASE COME HOME!" (Yes, somebody even did a thread like this for me once when I took an unannounced break from the forum waaaaaaay back when - it was a little embarrassing).
Guilty as charge, but in my defense it felt weird losing a member that post everyday and taking an extended break without telling anyone. It just felt empty and very weird

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yeah, it was you, wasn't it? It had been so long, I couldn't remember who it was.

But hey, I'm just as guilty; I remember doing the same thing the first time MrsPepper disappeared for a little while, which is why the next time she took a break from here, she gave me a head's up in advance (because she was giving up the internet for Lent).

kathy26

Reaction score
I am being ignored cause no one is responding to any of my messages are you guys avoiding me or something

cause I really need to make some new friends during these tough times so I'm leaving then don't worry i'll come back when I get my strength back

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@Pig'sSaysAdios if you’re taking off, just want to say I enjoyed your company on here and hope we can still stay in touch on twitter and Instagram!

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Sometimes, with how toxic and weird people can get on here, I wonder why I even want to be here. Yet strangely, I can never bring myself to leave.

It’s a weird paradox.