I Need Some Tips.

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
Hey guys so I have a goal this year in 2018. I really want to start to make my first Muppet. Perferably my Muppet OC, the first one I've ever created since I became a Muppet fan.

I need some tips on this. Cause I never sewn before, I never made a Muppet before in my life, and I need help lol. So if any of ya'll is a puppeteer and or a puppet builder plz let me know and give me as much advice as possible. Cause I wanna know especially what material to use for the hair and how to make the breasts. And no I'm not using the same clothes i'm making for the muppet. I'm thinking about what clothes to use rn, so maybe some advice for that would be useful as well. :smile: Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I don't claim to be a pro at puppet building but...
I would suggest going to Joanne's Fabrics (if you have one) and getting the supplies there just because this is your first one. Save all the fancy materials for later on down the road. But anyway Joannes has foam AND fabric, and if you have a coupon the total price will probably be around 20 bucks.

And then for actually making the puppet - watch a lot of tutorials on YT. It's amazing how much stuff you can learn. :smile:

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
I don't claim to be a pro at puppet building but...
I would suggest going to Joanne's Fabrics (if you have one) and getting the supplies there just because this is your first one. Save all the fancy materials for later on down the road. But anyway Joannes has foam AND fabric, and if you have a coupon the total price will probably be around 20 bucks.

And then for actually making the puppet - watch a lot of tutorials on YT. It's amazing how much stuff you can learn. :smile:
Cool and we do have one!

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
The nose color isn't sitting quite right with me. It's lighter tone is better in the second image. I would actually try a nose the same color as the purple hair, or in the spirit of Zoot, I'm sure there's a tertiary color that would work better.

Last edited:

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
The nose color isn't sitting quite right with me. It's lighter tone is better in the second image. I would actually try a nose the same color as the purple hair, or in the spirit of Zoot, I'm sure there's a tertiary color that would work better.
It's the right green. I'm not sure why I decided to make it dark green, but i think it settles in nicely.

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
I guess there are times where I forget to use the exact color, but it's always dark green

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
On second thought, you shouldn't really listen to me as I'm color blind.:big_grin: I thought it was red!

MuppetPainter

Reaction score
Hey guys so I have a goal this year in 2018. I really want to start to make my first Muppet. Perferably my Muppet OC, the first one I've ever created since I became a Muppet fan.

I need some tips on this. Cause I never sewn before, I never made a Muppet before in my life, and I need help lol. So if any of ya'll is a puppeteer and or a puppet builder plz let me know and give me as much advice as possible. Cause I wanna know especially what material to use for the hair and how to make the breasts. And no I'm not using the same clothes i'm making for the muppet. I'm thinking about what clothes to use rn, so maybe some advice for that would be useful as well. :smile: Thanks guys, appreciate it.
Project Puppets website might help at least with patterns and stichs will work. Youtube is very helpful as well. My Avatar is a Kermit that I did.