I miss Richard

anathema

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Just thought it might be interesting to point this out....

During the filming of The Muppet Show, Jim Henson would encourage performers and crew members not to hold back from laughing while it was being shot, since they would just be adding a laugh track in later anyway. The first laugh you'll always hear is Richard Hunt's. I think everything about the Muppets and everyone around him entertained him possibly more than anyone. I noticed this last night while watching the episode where Statler brings the plant backstage, trying to meet Valerie Harper. During the show, they play the Swedish Chef sketch where the Chef hits the talking chocolate cake with the baseball bat (of course, the cake was performed by Richard). At some point before we ever hear the cake talk, the Swedish Chef does something where Richard just cracks up. And they didn't even add the laugh track over it, so all you'll hear is Richard laughing.
You can also hear Richard during "The Comedian's a Bear" (on the soundtrack album version only - the TV version has a laugh track) and I'm pretty sure it's him lauging during the introduction to "Sax and Violence" (just after Zoot says "If I had a match I could put it out of its misery", I think).

Super Scooter

Reaction score
There's a lot of places you can hear him laugh, I just think that's probably the most noticeable since there's no other laughing in the sequence.

King Jim

Reaction score
We all do. I remember when he first started the Muppet Show.

Xerus

Reaction score
Richard was a talented man. One of the most important cast of the Jim Henson family. I'm sorry that he didn't get a tribute show about him like Jim got. And I didn't even know that Richard had passed away until I saw in The Muppet Christmas Caroll. "In Loving Memory of Jim Henson and Richard Hunt", that was a shock to me. -_-;;

Anyway, I'll always remember both Jim and Richard for their talents.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I watched TGMC last week and forgot Richard had a cameo in the beginning of the film,as the cab driver.Gosh,it was so good to see him again. I remember seeing the tribute to Jim & Richard.That came as a very big shock to me at the time,I didn't know he passed away. :: sigh ::

rexcrk

Reaction score
I wish Richard was still around too. I was watching Great Muppet Caper and Sweetums in the beginning was so funny. Scooter and Janice are also great characters in that movie. Beaker at the end pitching the diamond was funny too. Richard was a great performer. I'm glad Brian Henson has taken the role of Scooter and Janice though. At least they're back even if they don't sound like when Richard performed them :wink: :flirt: :eek: