I love "Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas"!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hey Kevin if you don't have that version i strongly suggest getting it! Even though there is no Kermit the extras are well worth it! the bloopers of Frank Oz's voice with Ma Otter are histarical!!!! and the deleted scenes (other then the kermit ones) are great too! This year we had an emmet otter watching party a week or so before christmas. it was so much fun and we kept making a running gag of singing "we're closer now then ever before!":smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Well, Zack, you've talked me into it. I'll do it.
*suddenly imagines you and Zack heading to Hollywood as a team*

I've never seen this special, I always got the impression that it was slow and/or boring...seems I was wrong and it's beautiful, I must try and track down a Region 2 copy.

Bea:zany:{Or am I a future Wendell?}regard

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
"Movin' right along in search of good times and good news"

Yeah, I didn't realize the connection in my reply there until after you pointed it out. I should go mark this in that thread about referencing the Muppets and not meaning to.

LadyVader

Reaction score
I just got the DVD for christmas and i thought was great but i was a little mixed up wasn'r Kermit in it once???:confused:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
LadyVader said:
I just got the DVD for christmas and i thought was great but i was a little mixed up wasn'r Kermit in it once???:confused:

he was cut due to Disney owning Kermit (and the rest of the Muppet Show muppets) as HIT! tryed to get Disney's OK... but disney told em "no"... u can read the review and some of the story as to why disney wouldnt let HIT! use the kermit scenes here at the link...

link: http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/dvd/emmet_otter_2005.shtml

:zany:

Jackie

Reaction score
You know what. I've watched Emmet Otter a million times, but I watched this newer DVD around Christmas time and I didn't even realize Kermit was missing. What kind of a Muppet Fan am I? LOL!

Jackie

Reaction score
Yeah, it tends to happen as I approach a quarter of a centruy.