I love "Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas"!

Erine81981

Reaction score
I really don't know. I don't watch everything all the time. (Sorry didn't want to seem like I know everything which I don't)

anytimepally

Reaction score
she puppeteered for The Great Santa Claus Switch, but after that she was just a voice actress.. she talks about how bad she was at lip-synching her puppet in the documentary

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I discovered this special last year. When I was younger I found it kind of boring, but I absolutely fell in love with it. It's so spiritual! So even though there are no christmas carols, it's got the christmas spirit.

Plus the DVD is SUCH a huge deal! I got it for 6$ Canadian at my wal-mart last year. :big_grin: I looove low prices. So I'm lucky because for a special with such good dvd treatment, it has an amazing price.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Ah, so it was all arranged before-hand knowing Frank would puppeteer, and Marilyn would voice. Thanks. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I also saw it years ago, but thought it was a bit too adult. It went over my head. But seeing it now, I think it's amazing. The music and message is moving. Sometimes you have to take risks in life. And the best one of all:

"Patience, my brothers, and patience, my sons, in that sweet and final hour, truth and justice will be done."

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
superboober said:
I still die laughing to this day at the botched "Carrots the Dancing Horse" act; was that in the book?
LOL, that was great!

superboober said:
And while we're on this topic, who's everyone's favorite character(s)? For me it's a tie between Wendell ("Have you got mashed potatoes?")...
I loved Wendell too...he's so dim and loveable, just like Goelz's future Beauregard. "Fifty cents, fifty cents...what's half of fifty cents?" Teehee! :big_grin:

Banthaholic

Reaction score
I remember this one as a child, a few years back when it came out on dvd it was a must have. I saw this last night and was singing brothers all day today.

superboober

Reaction score
Unfortunately not; that's the current edition without Kermit at all.