I hope Sesame Workshop never sells the company

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I signed it, saying:
Please make classic SS episodes available to DVD. There are so many memories and historical shows that it is sad to deprive so many people the great opportunity to see those shows! I don't necessarily think there has to be a complete release of every show, but episodes like the pilot, and the week long programs like Hawaii and Hurricane are great items to release; even including cast commentary and character commentary! So many wonderful things that could be done with these shows on DVD! Please consider it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
>>There are many things about current Disney I might not like, just like current Sesame Street, but unlike Sesame Street, Disney has not seen a need to bury its past.<<

Once again, are you familiar with Song of the South, WW II cartoons, or basically any animated series they've made before 1998?

Censored

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
>>There are many things about current Disney I might not like, just like current Sesame Street, but unlike Sesame Street, Disney has not seen a need to bury its past.<<

Once again, are you familiar with Song of the South, WW II cartoons, or basically any animated series they've made before 1998?

Yes, I am familiar with them. Some content of Disney may be controversial by today's standards because of old stereotypes, but let's face the facts, as a whole, vintage Disney has been much more widely available than vintage Sesame Street.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Gee Bee,Were you just the 808th person to sign this petition??

Censored

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
Gee Bee,Were you just the 808th person to sign this petition??

No, that wasn't me, but I did sign it. We've got to keep trying.

salemfan

Reaction score
Just imagine if Disney bought the rights to Sesame Street! But if Disney owned the rights to Sesame Street, would Sesame Street still air on PBS? And would Disney give Sesame Street more than 26 episodes?

McFraggle

Reaction score
I doubt it would be on PBS if Disney bought SW. But who knows?

salemfan

Reaction score
But would Disney give the show all the classic clips like the Martian Beauty, Alligator King, We all Live in a Capital I, etc.?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, I really doubt that they would. SW has more of a chance of rereleasing or reshowing the the old skits than DIz... personally, I feel they'd take the time out to plug as many Disney TV shows and stufff as they can via guest shots....

salemfan

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
I doubt it would be on PBS if Disney bought SW. But who knows?
Well, what network would Sesame Street air on if Disney bought Sesame Workshop-ABC?